FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Wedding Evening Do x 4

Hi all

It appears 2013 is the year of the stag (and weddings) as I have attended 4 stags and now have the subsequent formalities of the weddings to attend.

First wedding is 8th June and I'm just attending the evening do:

Got some Grey trousers lined up with a white shirt and black shoes (thinking of going for Ted Baker Frisante shoes as shown here TED BAKER Frisante Dress Shoes | Slaters.

Unfortunately, 3 of the 4 weddings are the same groups of mates so want to try and do something a bit different for each so want to look at the most cost effective way of doing this. Don't have a lot of formal wear other than a grey suit so realise this could get expensive.

Any tips/advice for some differentiation? Ideally, the black shoes need to stay and if possible the grey suit trousers can do as well. Been looking at Uniqlo slim fit shirts - anyone any opinion on them?

Finally, what would work well with a grey suit in terms of tie/accessories?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nat

Style Icon
    I wouldn't sweat it too much man - you can vary your look massively just by changing your shirts, ties and accessories. Depends on your budget obviously, but somewhere like TM Lewin has 4 shirts for 100. Or buy a couple of shirts in staple colours and then mix it up with ties and things like pocket squares, tie bars, collar bars etc (though probably only 1 or 2 of these at a time - less is more!). M&S and Next have both upped their games in the menswear department. I bought a white, slim fit, 100% cotton shirt, with collar bar, from Next for 20 on the weekend. Wearing it today as it goes.

In terms of colours/combos, pink is a good summer wedding colour, and you can't go wrong with keeping it simple - think crisp white shirt, burgundy tie, with a white pocket square.

Depending on how formal the weddings are, you can even mix things up with a bold choice of socks.

Also, I would prefer brown shoes over black with a grey suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I wouldn't sweat it too much man - you can vary your look massively just by changing your shirts, ties and accessories. Depends on your budget obviously, but somewhere like TM Lewin has 4 shirts for 100. Or buy a couple of shirts in staple colours and then mix it up with ties and things like pocket squares, tie bars, collar bars etc (though probably only 1 or 2 of these at a time - less is more!). M&S and Next have both upped their games in the menswear department. I bought a white, slim fit, 100% cotton shirt, with collar bar, from Next for 20 on the weekend. Wearing it today as it goes.

In terms of colours/combos, pink is a good summer wedding colour, and you can't go wrong with keeping it simple - think crisp white shirt, burgundy tie, with a white pocket square.

Depending on how formal the weddings are, you can even mix things up with a bold choice of socks.

Also, I would prefer brown shoes over black with a grey suit.

Superb advice and just what I was looking for - thanks! Been looking at M&S suits and Next Slim fit shirts, interesting to hear a different angle as was told Next quality had reduced recently.

+ Reply to Thread