FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    JEK

Trend Setter

Wearing black jeans that aren't jet-black anymore

Do you guys have any thoughts on this?
    I got a pair of very well fitting black jeans, but they aren't quite as black as when I bought them. Here's a picture of them:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...MBdyf_Kz3XcOvs
    (Sorry, couldn't make the embed it for some reason)

So what do you think? Is it OK to wear worn black jeans or should I discard them?

Trend Setter
    Go for it man. They look awesome; just.pair the with some slightly distressed Chelsea Boots, give the jeans a few turn ups, add a graphic tee and a blue denim jacket and you're away.

Style Icon
    It looks fine, don't worry about it. Everything doesn't have to look brand new.

As long as they don't look like they've been washed a hundred times and/or lose their fit, they're fine.

JEK

Trend Setter
    Thanks for reassuring me guys and thank you for the suggestion, Alex.
    Do you think they could work with black leather shoes, black Oxford shirt and black leather jacket?

Trend Setter
    The all black look is brilliant when done right and I think that your suggestion would work fine as long as the black leather shoes aren't shiny.

JEK

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex James Hardy View Post
    The all black look is brilliant when done right and I think that your suggestion would work fine as long as the black leather shoes aren't shiny.
    I do have a rather nice pair that aren't shiny, but I seem to have misplaced them... I have no idea where they are. LOL

Trend Setter
    I don't know that I've ever seen an all-black look done right, but maybe I'm just biased against black (I don't like how it looks on me...washes out my pale skin, maybe). I think the jeans themselves look fine, but if you want to wear black shoes and a black jacket, I would try something different with the shirt and socks. If you don't like color too much, how about a medium grey button-down shirt (or a T in the same color), and grey/black patterned socks?

JEK

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. I've got a grey polo that I think looks good with the jeans and jacket.
    I do like color, but I find it difficult to pair with black...

Trend Setter
    Why not try blue, monochrome or muted colours?

Trend Setter
    Why not try blue, monochrome or muted colours?
    I would also fully support these options. With black shoes, jeans, and a jacket, you can do just about anything. Similar colored shirt/socks, neutral shirt/colored socks, or contrasting shirt/socks if you're a little adventurous (with at least one of them being muted...bright yellow shirt and bright purple socks are a no-no, but I would do a mustard shirt and purple socks...assuming I wasn't ever taking the jacket off).

+ Reply to Thread