FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    JEK

Trend Setter

Fit - oxford og denim shirts

I just bought three pairs of Ralph Lauren slim fit oxford shirts and a slim fit denim shirt.
    I would like your opinion on the fit of the shirt:
    http://sdrv.ms/11wb5Ma
    http://sdrv.ms/11wbePM
    The pictures aren't the best, I hope you get the idea of the fit anyway. It's quite difficult to photograph yourself, without the angles getting really weird.
    The denim shirt fits almost exactly like the oxford shirts, but tomorrow I'll try to take a few pics of me wearing the oxford shirts.

I curious to hear your opinions, I often gets very unsure when I come home and try my purchases on again, so I really need a second opinion.

Trend Setter
    It is slightly difficult to determine the exact fit - especially when the sleeves are rolled up - however from what I can see it looks pretty good. No excess fabric and it is pretty slim as you wanted. Nice shirt btw.

Style Icon
    Like Alex said, it's a bit hard to make out the exact fit, but it looks pretty good. On that second pic, there looks to be a lot of loose fabric on the back. Could be because of the way your arm is pulled back on it.

It's of course a matter of taste, but when I buy slim fit, I want it to be snug over the back as well as the front. However, a bit of air over the back is nice to have during the summer months.

JEK

Trend Setter
    Yeah, it is actually the back I'm a bit unsure about. But the collar, sleeves and shoulders fit just fine, so I guess they're meant to be a bit loose fitting in the back... The angle the photo is taken from probably make it look worse. I'll try to take a better photo.
    I agree with you, Marc I normally prefer slim fit to be slim all over, but it's really hard to find, being a slim tall guy.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    I agree with you, Marc I normally prefer slim fit to be slim all over, but it's really hard to find, being a slim tall guy.
    I don't own any Ralph Lauren, so I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing they're of a higher quality than your average high street shirt. If so, that means the shirt will last longer, and it may be worthwhile to take it to a tailor, to have the back taken in a bit. It's usually not a very expensive alteration.

JEK

Trend Setter
    Yeah, I might do that. I live next to a tailor so I don't have any excuse to wear ill-fitting clothes:P Just going to see how much they shrink before I decide anything...

+ Reply to Thread