FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last
    J8x

Trend Setter
    Might be worth a shot in your local Tesco of all places if they have an opticians. Was wandering past and saw a couple of pairs of wayfarers and aviators for 89 the other week. I was told the stock is hit and miss and only some stores stock them though.

Fashionisto
    I've always bought cheap sunglasses as I've had the same concerns voiced here, but this thread has convinced me to bite the bullet and go for it. Now the only choice to make is wayfarer of clubmaster....

Quote Originally Posted by Aharps View Post
    I've always bought cheap sunglasses as I've had the same concerns voiced here, but this thread has convinced me to bite the bullet and go for it. Now the only choice to make is wayfarer of clubmaster....
    Aviator!

JEK

Trend Setter
    I'm torn between aviator and wayfarer... Which style is the most timeless and classic according to you gentlemen?

J8x

Trend Setter
    Wayfarer > Clubmaster > Aviator.

In terms of timeless in my opinion. Think the Aviator is tougher to do well due to the size.

Fashionisto
    Agree with the above.

Though recently, I am swaying towards Clubmaster.

Style Icon
    I prefer clubmasters, but I think all of the models have been around long enough to be certified timeless.

Once you go Ray Ban you never go back! Just the sheer comfort and clarity of lenses will be a revelation for you let alone the obvious style you'll possess! I have a pair of Wayfarers from 1989 and they are still solid but weigh quite a lot! I've also got Cats5000 which are an aviator style but plastic tortie and just got a pair of clubmasters. Personally I'd go original colour and shape Wayfarers for unbeatable classic style and they're tougher than aviators and Clubmasters.

Trend Setter
    I agree that all three styles have been about long enough to be timeless. Aviators have the edge on the other two by about fifteen to twenty years, however. On a different note, has anyone ever tried Persol shades?

In a word?

Fuckyes

+ Reply to Thread