FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Should I keep this / What shall I wear with this

I recently purchased a jacket and matching trousers from Suit Supply. They are not sold as a suit and can be worn seperately, which is partly what attracted me. Now that they have arrived I am unsure whether to return them.

The jacket is longer on me than the models in these pictures, because they do not offer a short in jackets. This means it looks a bit less casual, but no longer than most of my other sports coats. I thought the jacket would be quite a versatile summer blazer, it's a cotton/linen mix. But having tried it on, i'm not sure it goes with anything other than lighter bottoms such as stone/white chinos?

What do people think? Any suggestions of what to try the jacket with?

JEK

Trend Setter
    I'm not sure it will work, but what about some pink or pastel red chinos?

Fashionisto
    I really like that.

The top picture would look superb at a summer wedding.

Trend Setter
    Funny you should say that... I was hoping to wear it to a summer wedding in a few weeks time!

Would still be interested in more suggestions for everyday wear? I think it looks OK with rolled up jeans. For some reason it looks crap with white jeans, but that could be the cut/weight of the material. It would prob look good with white/ivory chinos, but I am reluctant to buy those, since I won't have much oppurtunity to wear them.

Another question - I have the jacket in a 34 and a 36 - the 36 is a little big, my main concern being that it is too long, the waist suppression is OK. The 34 is a little tight, with the waist a bit too suppressed, but the length of the jacket is much better. I reckon I just need a half an inch or so let out on the 34. The sleeves on both need a little altering anyway, though the 26 far more so. Working buttons, so already looking at 30 to shorten.

Or I could lose a few ponds for the summer?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Would still be interested in more suggestions for everyday wear? I think it looks OK with rolled up jeans.
    From this statement, I assume you've tried it with a darker wash jean? I would have thought that would work, but when I keep looking at it I'm not as convinced. Something about the color is throwing me off (perhaps the touch of green in it). I feel like a dark blue should work, in particular if it has a couple faded patches (not white, just faded a little).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Or I could lose a few ponds for the summer?
    Haha. Join the club, mate! I'm hoping to keep them off for the winter, too. It's always tempting to get something you like one size too small, as added motivation for losing the weight. I know from experience that it's difficult to get advice on a forum for size issues, so I would just ask your tailor.

Trend Setter
    Try orange with it, I went in the H&M on regent street recently and a top I bought (posted a thread on here with a photo) was put with the colour of the suit you have, the colour of the top is a bronze colour but looked great sitting next to that colour in the shop. Also brown would work well too.

+ Reply to Thread