FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    geo

Trend Setter

Topman stretch skinny jeans

Need a new pair of jeans and saw these - anyone had any experience? Don't want them too skinny like spray on tight but still fitted enough if that makes sense? Are these absolutely spray on no room or just standard skinny fit?

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ents=category~[688158|207170]&noOfRefinements=1

Basically the silhouette/fit I want is like in this pic here:

Photo by finnharries • Instagram

I
    f you think there's a better brand of jeans to achieve this fit in the Instagram pic then please let me know also.

FashionBeans Staff
    I would anticipate them to be super skinny. Generally avoid Topman jeans though as quality is poor.

geo

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I would anticipate them to be super skinny. Generally avoid Topman jeans though as quality is poor.
    Any better brands at a reasonable price for skinny-ish jeans?

Trend Setter
    H&M. They have pretty good jeans for about 25

geo

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex James Hardy View Post
    H&M. They have pretty good jeans for about 25
    Which ones have you tried..their skinny or slim? The skinny looks super tight on their website!

These look ok? Product Detail | H&M GB

Trend Setter
    Sorry, I shpuld have specified. I tried skinny but - as you rightly pointed out - they are extremely tight and the ended up in the charity shop down the road. I find slim to be a much nicer fit. It's fairly skinny round the thigh area though so be warned. However I would recommend them to anyone - as well as their chinos.

FashionBeans Staff
    H&M are a good shout, I generally wear skin tight jeans so they're skinny jeans are perfect, slim might be more your ticket, a lot comes down to how big your legs are, I have big legs and more often than not slim jeans come up skinny on me.

Fashionisto
    As said, the quality aint the best..But then again, for around 25-30, you aint expecting the quality to be Levi'ish are you? I have 3 pairs, and while I say the quality aint brilliant, they do for a few months, until they wear out, zip falls apart, buttons pop off etc. I have a black pair, light wash & mid wash. The black are so much tighter than the mid and light wash versions, which I found odd. (Then again, Im tiny at 28" waist).

I'd give ASOS' own skinny jeans a bash.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWalker View Post
    As said, the quality aint the best..But then again, for around 25-30, you aint expecting the quality to be Levi'ish are you? I have 3 pairs, and while I say the quality aint brilliant, they do for a few months, until they wear out, zip falls apart, buttons pop off etc. I have a black pair, light wash & mid wash. The black are so much tighter than the mid and light wash versions, which I found odd. (Then again, Im tiny at 28" waist).

I'd give ASOS' own skinny jeans a bash.
    +1 I have the burgundy stretch skinnies, obviously the quality isn't fantastic but they have lasted almost a year now. They aren't that skinny - I have pretty small legs and they fit like the photo the OP posted. Same as Ryan, I tried on the black ones once and found them to be ridiculously skinny, so avoid those.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWalker View Post
    As said, the quality aint the best..But then again, for around 25-30, you aint expecting the quality to be Levi'ish are you?
    That's funny, because I generally buy my Levi's in the US for under $50. It kills me when I see Levi's here in Europe for over twice the price (115 euro for 751s, but that was on Bd. Saint Michel). Then again, I do really like them. If I could find my size and had more style choices, I'd probably buy them here even for that price.

+ Reply to Thread