FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Last edited by malti001; 14-06-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Trend Setter
    Yup, and you can pick a decent second hand shirt up in good condition for 10-20 pound. Just looking at uniqlo here, seem to have some nice enough stuff. Does anyone know about the quality of their goods,and if the oxford shirts can be tucked?

Trend Setter
    I think Uniqlo quality is OK for the money. I mainly buy their oxfords, and their merino/lambswool/cashmere jumpers and cardigans. I've been pleased enough for the price. I've found the Oxfords long enough to be tucked in, but I'm a short arse and wear an XS in Uniqlo.

Trend Setter
    Anyone here know much about tailoring? I brought a couple of Paul Smith Oxford shirts a couple of months back. Absolutely love the detailing and materials, but they're too baggy for my liking. Was too lazy to send them back so mainly just wear them under jackets or jumpers now. What could a tailor do to make them more slim fitted and do you need to find one of exceptional skill rather than a regular one? Would happily pay a few quid to make them less baggy at the bottom.

Trend Setter
    I ended up getting some made to measure stuff from Reiss, bank balance severely depleted. On the plus side I met one of the girls I met in the shop on a night out and now have a 50% discount to avail of .

What other peoples favorite brands for smart casual wear? I find it difficult to find nice oxford shirts and smart trousers that are good quality and reasonably priced....

+ Reply to Thread