FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    That said, most of the time, simply wearing clothes that you feel comfortable in and which make you feel smart are the important thing - whether they are from Zara or eBay. Very few of us can afford the individually tailored clothing and we shouldn't feel embarrassed about it.
    Hear, hear!

Alot of great replies and some very good points.

I am very lucky in the fact that 90% of High Street blazers that are of a slim fit look well on me as I have a 32inch waist and a 40inch chest so the taper down nicely.

I have been looking into places like eBay and online stores but I really hate buying something that I havent tried on.

I did that on TM Lewins with a suit and the cut was horrible so it has put me off.

But someone hit the nail on the head with thier comment about how it makes me feel and to be honest I am very comfortable inmy Zara blazers so I think I have found the answer to my question.

Many thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom_Ireland View Post

But I have noticed that bespoke blazers can easily run into the hundreds of pounds. Now to me I like the look and fit of my H&M/Zara blazers, but I'm wondering if people who know what to look for are looking at me thinking I shop around in bins for my clothes because my blazers aren't bespoke nor fitted on Saville Row.

How do you all feel about high fashion vs high street when it comes to your blazers? Do you feel the hundreds of pounds difference is really warranted for the average male who just wants to look good?
    I see bespoke is coming back strong nowadays and as far as I know, bespoke suits/blazers lasts for years. If compared to your blazer which is around 50 - 100 and will only last for months, I say why not get a bespoke suit for 300 - 600 or 700 maybe.

This might be of help to you tho : Bespoke for men

I've recently had a fitting with them and ordered a pair of suit and shirt. Still waiting for the package.
    Last edited by hfashion; 24-06-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Removed some text in the quoted message

+ Reply to Thread