FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    J8x

Trend Setter

Preppy tie search

I'm in the market for a preppy tie for an event I have coming up. I've got the outfit sorted apart from a tie to pull the outfit together. Would preferably like a navy/burgundy stripe or navy/green stripe number but I'm open to suggestions. Not looking to spend masses of money, under 30 I think is reasonable. I've spotted a few J Crew ties I like but not willing to spend that much on a tie which won't get much rotation in my wardrobe. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? I've scoured the obvious places but to no avail.

Trend Setter
    Tie Rack perhaps? I once got two ties for 5 in their sale. They have a huge variety of designs for pretty decent prices.

have you tried the trashness website? trashness store — Home
    or next?

Trend Setter
    If you're looking to spend up to 30 I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Primark. They have some surprisingly decent silk ties for around 4-5 a piece. Lots of coloured striped college type ties if that's what you're implying you're after.

I don't have to wear ties for work therefore have little use for expensive ties. I really wasn't expecting much but they've genuinely held up better than some of the Gieves and Hawkes ties I used to wear while (briefly) working in tailoring.

J8x

Trend Setter
    This would be grand if it didn't have the branding on, plus the two week delivery puts me off a little.
    http://store.trashness.com/product/silk-tr-tie-green

Never thought of checking Primark might have a look in there but the high street has generally not been very good in my search. Tie Rack online doesn't have what I'm looking for but might check in store to see if they've got a better range.

Trend Setter
    There is a seller on eBay specializing in ties. He does a lot of Ralph Lauren, Hackett etc. I've bought a few off him for around a 10 - 15. Def lots of preppy stuff. I'll try and find his details.

+ Reply to Thread