FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Are white sneakers still relevant?

I remember when white sneakers used to be the biggest thing in the summer several years back(at least where I'm from) and many many guys were wearing them. But nowadays I notice a large drop in wearers of white sneakers, and loafers and boat shoes seem to be really big right now. So my question is, are white sneakers still relevant today? Has it fallen to the wayside, or is it a timeless classic piece of footwear?
    Last edited by annms; 22-06-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Style Icon
    Nothing wrong with white sneakers in a casual outfit!
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Style Icon
    I'm not much of a white sneakers person myself, but they are as classic as brogues, in my opinion. So to say that they're irrelevant, just because they may or may not be the hight of fashion at the moment, would be wrong. They're bound to bounce back.

Timeless classic (providing they are nice quality)

Trend Setter
    Agreed. However, I prefer a navy one over white as it's easier to clean.

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah they'll always be around. I think it seems like they have dropped off because men now have so much more choice when it comes to casual footwear, compared to even just 5 years ago.

Trend Setter
    I love white sneakers, especially leather ones, but in contrary to every article I read about them, I don't like them getting dirty but I'd like them to stay white. I could brush them after wearing them of course, but honestly, I am just too lazy.

J8x

Trend Setter
    White sneakers have been phased out due to the suede and canvas shift. You don't tend to find white suede and although some will argue white canvas plimsolls are timeless, they have a stigma attached to them of being a bit juvenile and not very stylish in some circles. They'll always come in handy but not like the heights of popularity of the 90s early 00s in my opinion now much more practical and better looking alternatives are available.

+ Reply to Thread