FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Denim Jacket - Advice Needed

Okay so I've wanted a Denim Jacket for a while but just never get around to buying one, however lately I feel like it would really go well with most of my wardrobe and they seem to be a bit of a staple piece. Of course, there are many different types of Denim Jacket and I'm finding it almost impossible to choose which one I want.
    Light wash or dark? Hooded or western? I'm really confused. I've seen a few on Topman that I might like and River Island, but there's too many to choose from. I also looked in the Asos Marketplace for a vintage one but I'm the most impatient person ever and need one by Tuesday as I've already planned wearing it (once I've planned an outfit I always stick with it). So do you guys have any favorites that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Nat

Style Icon
    I prefer a mid or darker wash. Lighter washes are on trend, but won't look so good in a couple of years imo.

Definitely no hood, and make sure it is fairly slim-fitting, and not boxy.

Style Icon
    I've got a light-wash vintage Levi's one which I love. Definitely avoid a hood, go for a classic style. And like Nat said, make sure it's fairly fitted.

I don't think there's anything wrong with light wash but it depends what else you want to wear with it. If you'd ever consider wearing double denim then I'd go for a light wash one and pair it with dark indigo jeans, easier to pull off than the other way round.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Trend Setter
    I own a Topman light wash one, and it's pretty versatile. (Or it would be if I didn't have only jeans in my wardrobe)

I've got a light wash one and a mid wash one. They are def wardrobe staples and get a lot of use.

You can't go wrong with the All Saints ones imo, and they are on sale right now

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    You can't go wrong with the All Saints ones imo, and they are on sale right now
    Agreed,

I got their Bloomsbury one a good few months ago, and It's really nice. Down to 47.50 from 95 now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbling Dice View Post
    Agreed,

I got their Bloomsbury one a good few months ago, and It's really nice. Down to 47.50 from 95 now!
    Yeah that's real nice

Only thing that held me back from them is the lack of pockets.

+ Reply to Thread