FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter
    Thanks, I do appreciate the input it's a great suggestion I just wish money was no object!

As for a tie, should I go for black, because I'm probably going to go for the black shoes and belt. However I do have some chocolate brown ankle boots, but after all it is summer and they'll be boiling my feet.

Style Icon
    Black could work, but I think I'd try a knitted navy tie, with white stripes. Something like this:

Have you considered a bow tie?

Trend Setter
    No not thought of the bow tie to be honest. Where did you find that tie, I really quite like it!

Trend Setter
    Actually just thought of a quirky different option, "the upside down bow tie" - any opinions on this? Do you think it's too much, would go for navy in the colour department. But also are they actually called that, I've been searching the web for one online and all the returns I get are "how to tell if your bow tie is upside down" threads on forums etc.

Style Icon
    The tie was found here:
    Fourth & Main Navy White Stripe Silk Tie | Fourth & Main

Quote Originally Posted by adamski123 View Post
    Actually just thought of a quirky different option, "the upside down bow tie" - any opinions on this?
    I think it's a little too much for a wedding outfit. You'd be sticking out in the wrong way.

Out of interest OP - where did you get that jacket?

Trend Setter
    Yeah I thought as much with the upside down bow tie, just felt like trying something new!

Also the jacket and trousers are both from H.E Mango

Trend Setter
    I'm in a predicament, because the fit of this clothing is not ideal. The gingham style blazer is too tight, and the trousers are too long and waist is too baggy (I need them a size up to get my gym thighs in) - trousers I don't mind getting tailored.

But here's some pictures to back up my point and seek a second opinion:

Second blazer:

And I've now bought these, but I've no idea what to pair them with ( I have a navy and charcoal/mid grey blazer):

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah man, that blue jacket is definitely too tight. The beige one looks better, and could be work with the trousers if you got them tailored (or the new trousers you've got - burgundy a bit casual for a wedding though? Depends on the wedding/couple I guess).

Trend Setter
    Yeah my problem with the beige one is it part synthetic for £89 and that just doesn't seem worth it, the quality feels cheap incomparision to the check blazer which was £45!

The trousers are actually brown, here's the link:
    PIQUÉ CHINOS - Trousers - MEN - United Kingdom
    With these I was thinking either white/light blue shirt, and a navy (more indigo) blazer - what do you think? Oh yeah with black shoes and belt.

+ Reply to Thread