FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

APC Jeans

Does any one have any experience with APC? I was thinking of getting the Petit Standard fit but I'm not sure if I should size down or not. I've looked it up and some are saying that the newest version of these jeans are true to size.

Since I'm a 32 waist, should I just get the 32 or get the 30 or 31 and then the size would be perfect after their first wash? (6 months later tho)

Fashionisto
    I've been thinking about copping some selvedge too, APC seem logical but I've also been looking at Victate and nudie. However I've got no clue about sizing, you should probably go ask in store. I'm sure they'll have all the answers you need!

Peace.

Style Icon
    Love my APC's. I have the New Cure Style, but if I got another pair I think I would opt for the Petit New Standard, just to get the red-line selvedge showing.

I am a 30 waist, and I sized down to a 26! I think if I got another pair I would consider sizing up to a 27 (just to get some more comfort around the family jewels) however I do like my jeans to be nice and slim, and these offer a lovely straight-skinny leg style with just a slight taper.

Fashionisto
    Hi Malti001, I am also a waist size 32 and in the Petit Standard I took a 31 and the New Cure a 32. Both were very snug but not restrictive around the waist for the first 2 weeks and then loosed up to a perfect fit for the next 18 months. I did not wash either pair for 2 years and by that time they had stretched in the waist around 2 inches. After washing in cold water they have gone back to a perfect fit. Best jeans I've ever owned, absolutely love them.

Fashionisto
    Hi,
    I dont own an APC jeans, but I do have a pair of the Edwin company, selvage denim (called Edwin SEN).
    They fit great and I like very much their quality.
    So in case you want an alternate option to the APC , Edwin can be a good choice.

Trend Setter
    I think if I get the 30" or 29" waist it shouldn't be much of a problem. The general consensus seems to be that the more skinnier the fit you want, the more you'd have to size down. Since I'm looking for a slim (not essentially skinny) fit, around 30" waist would suffice.

FashionBeans Staff
    I tried on a pair of the Petit Standard yesterday. I'm a 28/29 waist but I have to size up because my legs are too big (even verging on too big for the 30) I found them pretty true to size though.

Trend Setter
    Wouldn't they become larger after their first wash 6 months down the line though? Cause if they would stay the same size, that would be great.

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm not really sure, I have a unique problem in that I wouldn't physically be able to get my legs into the 28, so I don't really have a choice. I would imagine the waist would stay the same because it isn't stretching but the legs would stretch out a bit I guess.

+ Reply to Thread