FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by K9MT View Post
    I'm in the same boat!

I find TM's John Francombe still too baggy for my liking.
    Now I know David Gandy is huge, so it is easy for him to fit out a shirt, but I really want a similar fit...
    Same, I really want a very well fitting shirt, similar to that. Unfortunately though, unless I start going to the gym a lot more often, I don't think it's going to happen...

Trend Setter
    Why not get a shirt tailored and see how that goes? I appreciate it is extra expense, but it might be worth it? I think CT/TM Lewin shirts normally work out at around 25 if you get them as part of a deal. Spend an extra 15 on having them slimmed down?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Why not get a shirt tailored and see how that goes? I appreciate it is extra expense, but it might be worth it? I think CT/TM Lewin shirts normally work out at around 25 if you get them as part of a deal. Spend an extra 15 on having them slimmed down?
    I have been leaning towards that recently, partly out of desperation more than anything else haha
    I just picked up a couple of shirts from Topman to try, not sure about the quality yet but the fit doesn't seem to be too bad...

Trend Setter
    I'm strictly John Francomb fully fitted when it comes to shirts, but I'm intrigued by these "extra slim fit" numbers from CT since reading this thread..

Seeing as they're a lot cheaper, I'm wondering how they compare? More so the whites, which can be notoriously thin/see-through

Trend Setter
    BREAKING: I just tried on an "extra slim fit" at Charles Thyrwitt.. WOW. Easily the best fitting shirt I've had. Even come with a 35" sleeve which costs extra at TM Lewin. I picked up 2 in the sale, and I've just ordered 4 online (in the sale).. 6 total for around 110.

Sorry for the thread hijack

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post
    BREAKING: I just tried on an "extra slim fit" at Charles Thyrwitt.. WOW. Easily the best fitting shirt I've had. Even come with a 35" sleeve which costs extra at TM Lewin. I picked up 2 in the sale, and I've just ordered 4 online (in the sale).. 6 total for around 110.

Not at all, thanks for the info!

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post

Brown - what are you measurements, if you don't mind me asking? Trying to figure out if the slim or extra slim would fit better. I'm 6ft, 13st, 16" neck, 42" chest, 32" waist. What do you reckon?

Trend Setter
    Hey Nat, I'm 6'3, 17 collar (lol), 40/42" chest, 34" waist.

I tried on the 17" collar, which was OK, but I wanted it to be a little more snug. The 16.5" was perfect - I can comfortably fasten the collar button and the fit was is as close to my shape as I can get.

I'm so picky with work shirts.. for me, regular fit, and even some slim fits seem to 'puff' out at the waist. I don't want to compare myself to Mr Gandy up there, but this extra slim fit is very similar to what he has on - no creasing, looseness, etc.

If you can't get to a store to try on, it might be worth ordering one just to make sure? Good luck!

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah, I get the exact same problem.

No, can't get into a store, but will definitely be trying one out online. Cheers pal.

Trend Setter
    I have tried them all. TM Lewin fully fitted were ok but not really fully fitted and the quality is not great.

The absolute best I have tried without a shadow of a doubt are Dalvey shirts. The slim fit line is very slim fit like the above pic and better quality than tm.

Ha sounds like a promo but I wear shirts evveryday to work and I hate baggy fits.

+ Reply to Thread