FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter

Well fitting white shirts

Where do you all get your white dress shirts from? The problem is that I'm ridiculously skinny and fairly short, so even standard slim fits come up really baggy on me, especially around the chest and arms. To make matters worse, I usually need a 14" collar as well so shirts are quite hard to find. Anyone got any recommendations? Thanks

Nat

Style Icon
    There are some brands that fully fitted, which is slimmer than standard slim. Never used them, but try T M Lewin

Fashionisto
    TM Lewin - John Francomb shirts are fully fitted and fit very well.

Style Icon
    I'm all for TM Lewin's John Francomb shirts as well. They're my go to shirts. When ordered online, you can get really good value for money.

Though I'm not sure they do collars in 14". I think 14.5" is the smallest. Might still be worth a try.

Trend Setter
    Thanks everyone, will have a look.

Trend Setter
    Similarly Charles Trywhitt do a fully fitted range. I am a 14.5 colllar and have shirts from both places. Generally happy with both.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Similarly Charles Trywhitt do a fully fitted range.
    How are the fully fitted Charles Tyrwhitt compared to the TM Lewin's?

I've been meaning to try some CT shirts out, but I'm so pleased with the fit of the TM Lewin's - though the arms could be slightly slimmer - that I've so far hesitated to order a couple.

Trend Setter
    I only have one TM Lewin shirt I think, which I bought recently. I am quite small, so generally find that dress shirt sleeves are longer and baggier than I would ideally like. At some point when I have more cash I would like to have them shortened. I had this done to a casual Gant Rugger shirt and I was much happer with it. However, I justified that on the basis the shirt was much reduced.

From memory there is not too much between the TM Lewin and the CT's. I had to order the fully fitted shirts into my local CT store, which took longer than it should have done and was a bit annoying.

As an aside I got some blue TM Lewin chinos, after someone on here posted them (can't remember who), which I am very pleased with the fit and quality of, although not had too much chance to wear them yet. I didn't realise until I went in that the cost includes the shortening, which made the price even better, given I have to have a lot of trousers shortened anyway.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I only have one TM Lewin shirt I think, which I bought recently. I am quite small, so generally find that dress shirt sleeves are longer and baggier than I would ideally like. At some point when I have more cash I would like to have them shortened. I had this done to a casual Gant Rugger shirt and I was much happer with it. However, I justified that on the basis the shirt was much reduced.

From memory there is not too much between the TM Lewin and the CT's. I had to order the fully fitted shirts into my local CT store, which took longer than it should have done and was a bit annoying.

As an aside I got some blue TM Lewin chinos, after someone on here posted them (can't remember who), which I am very pleased with the fit and quality of, although not had too much chance to wear them yet. I didn't realise until I went in that the cost includes the shortening, which made the price even better, given I have to have a lot of trousers shortened anyway.
    That was me and I love mine too! Wearing them this evening funnily enough.

Trend Setter
    I'm in the same boat!

I find TM's John Francombe still too baggy for my liking.
    Now I know David Gandy is huge, so it is easy for him to fit out a shirt, but I really want a similar fit...

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last