FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Where to find the best slim dark navy jeans?

Hello members, been a reader for a few months now and have found both the forum and the website so useful. I have got a predicament but that although I know what I want I just can't find it. So I'm hoping folk can assist.

I am looking for slim (not skinny) dark navy selvedge jeans with little distressing. These would be worn with Ted Baker guru 5 shoes that I already own, tan colour with darkened toe. I can go to any of the high street stores or the brand shops locally. I don't want to spend much more than 70 if possible.

The best I have found so far was Levi 508 but too baggy on my flat rear! I am 5ft 9in, around 10.5 stone and consequently, of slim build. I own a pair of Gstar slim jeans but they are too light in colour though fit well. If that helps.

Thank you, any more info needed please ask.

Hello there Neil, I myself are on a similar quest to find such jeans. What I have concluded from my searches so far is that selvedge denim jeans demand a much higher price than your average denim jeans, therefore for a high quality pair you should expect to pay upwards of 100. However this price should not be frowned upon as a perfect pair of indigo selvedge is more of an investment. To offer a little advice id look at brands such as A.P.C, Nudie, Edwin and Naked and Famous to name a few, no doubt there are more out there. To be more specific Dropped upon these within the REISS sale which may fit your requirements:

Montana Indigo Raw Selvedge Denim - REISS

I am unsure of the quality of REISS jeans compared to ones I mentioned above but at 66 and Selvedge it may be worth a look.

Good luck

Trend Setter
    If you just want a good pair of jeans, go for Levi's. Maybe if you have a bit of money to splash then go for a selvedge number such as APC or Nudie. Whatever you do, stay away from Topman jeans IMO.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for your input guys. I have a few pairs of Levi jeans which are fine but the fit is not perfect - my 501s look the part but are a little too baggy. I like wearing jeans with brogues so I have that slant on it. I tried on 508s and 511s in the shop but they are too loose at the rear and budgie smugglers respectively! I will keep my eye out. Lewis C- the brands you mention seem to creep up in the high end stores when I have ventured in, so I will just go and try a load of pairs on until I am happy. Would anybody be kind enough to recommend slim fit Oxford shirts while we're here!

I can vouch for APC jeans ive had mine nearly 2 years, as for slim oxford shirts the asos own ones looks pretty decent and only 23

Primark Oxford shirts are surprisingly good.

Trend Setter
    I second the ASOS oxford shirts-the fit is amazing for the price!

Fashionisto
    Thank you all for the input. I'll take a look at these Primary ones tonight before I shop online - I have terrible luck!

+ Reply to Thread