FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Help! Smart Casual on a Budget

I am due to start a city job in October and have training for two weeks this summer; it's a residential and the dress code throughout is 'smart casual'. The problem is, I have just graduated so obviously don't have a large budget.

I own brown suede shoes, black work shoes, cream chinos (slightly casual), light blue chinos (slightly on the casual side) and a load of work shirts.

Any recommendations for affordable items to buy for the 'smart casual' (either general things or specific products with links for example)? I'm particularly after a blazer.

Trend Setter
    I managed to find a blazer in the topman sale down from 110 to 27, so I suggest looking there as the sale is still on. Also ASOS own clothing tends to be of good quality and affordable, I personally really rate their oxford shirts.

As for bottom half you sound sorted, maybe some black jeans and navy chinos are the only other things you may considering needing.

Quote Originally Posted by adamski123 View Post
    I managed to find a blazer in the topman sale down from 110 to 27, so I suggest looking there as the sale is still on. Also ASOS own clothing tends to be of good quality and affordable, I personally really rate their oxford shirts.

As for bottom half you sound sorted, maybe some black jeans and navy chinos are the only other things you may considering needing.
    Thanks, any suggestions for where to get good fitting slim Navy Chinos ?

Trend Setter
    I got these in the ASOS sale and absolutely chuffed with them D-Struct | D-Struct Chinos at ASOS Never heard of the make before, will definitely look out for more stuff by the brand.

Also I've heard people rate H&M's chinos, so could be worth a look, they range from 15-25

+ Reply to Thread