FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Leather Jacket?

Hello,

I'm finally about to purchase my first leather jacket and I have narrowed it down to these three:

Griffin Leather Biker Jacket | Mens Leather Jackets | AllSaints
    Conroy Leather Biker Jacket | Mens Leather Jackets | AllSaints
    Kushiro Leather Biker Jacket | Mens Leather Jackets | AllSaints

I know it comes down to personal preference, but could you guys give me some advice and your opinion? Also, since my knowledge in fashion is quite limited and I don't know a lot of brands I only found jackets I liked at AllSaints, but if you know any similar jackets from other brands feel free to link. Unfortunately I can't try any of the jackets as there is no AllSaints store in my country.

Trend Setter
    Personally out of the three I think I'd go for the Conroy - the pictures make the other two look a little shiny. That said there may be others on here who own one of them and it could just be how it's photographed after all...

Definitely not the Kushiro - it's Kid Skin (goat) rather than lamb so the leather won't be anywhere near as nice.

Beyond that, there's not a lot to choose between the other two. They are the same material and the same lining. I like that the Griffin has epaulettes and the ribbed waistband, but I do like the quilted panels of the Conroy. I think the Griffin just takes it though, with the smaller lapels and the duller metalwork; it's a subtler style overall and I think the Conroy could risk looking a bit "grease". Conroy also has some weird zips on the waist which I don't really understand or like.

So yeah, Griffin for me.

Fashionisto
    I actually own the Griffin, fits perfectly and is incredibly soft. Takes a little while to break it in though.

Thanks for the responses! Really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fermus View Post
    I actually own the Griffin, fits perfectly and is incredibly soft. Takes a little while to break it in though.
    Would you mind me asking you about sizing? Since it's a leather jacket, should I go one size below my regular?

Quote Originally Posted by Glifberg View Post
    Thanks for the responses! Really helpful.

Would you mind me asking you about sizing? Since it's a leather jacket, should I go one size below my regular?
    I don't have this exact jacket, but I would definitely not recommend sizing down on All Saints leather. It's very slim fitting already.

I could have bought mine in an M or an L. I went for the M, which I kind of regret as I can't really layer anything thicker than a shirt / t-shirt underneath it.

If you want to wear it with a thick denim shirt / denim jacket / jumper under it, I would consider sizing up.

Fashionisto
    ^Yea definitely don't size down. I got a medium myself, which is what I always get, and its pretty comfortable layering a hoodie or something under it.

Hey guys,

im glad you made this OP! im looking into the conroy as well.
    i just really like the color... not a fan of pure black

have you bought a jacket yet? how is it?
    anyone have any comments about allsaints leather quality and whether or not its worth the $630.00?

thanks!

Des

Trend Setter
    Prefer the Griffin because it looks a little more timeless. Plus the other two styles have been done to death by defunct boy band members.

I'm also thinking about getting the Conroy.I've found this video of the Conroy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__r7pdaldIThe leather looks nice.

+ Reply to Thread