FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Attending wedding - honest opinions required.

In my new profile picture I am wearing a possible outfit for a wedding of a friend later in July. I would be grateful for any opinions/advice!

Nat

Style Icon
    Not that easy to tell from the pic, but looks ok. Few thoughts....

Does it come with a jacket? Love three piece suits, but not a massive fan of trouser/waistcoat combos, without jackets.

The trousers aren't slim enough for my liking. Could you get them tailored?

I'm also not a massive fan of very bright shirts in a formal context (or at all really) - would prefer a more pastel pink, but that's just my personal style.

What you thinking for accessories?

Can't see the shoes, so can't comment.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Not that easy to tell from the pic, but looks ok. Few thoughts....

Does it come with a jacket? Love three piece suits, but not a massive fan of trouser/waistcoat combos, without jackets.

The trousers aren't slim enough for my liking. Could you get them tailored?

I'm also not a massive fan of very bright shirts in a formal context (or at all really) - would prefer a more pastel pink, but that's just my personal style.

What you thinking for accessories?

Can't see the shoes, so can't comment.
    Thanks for the comments.

Yes I can get the trousers tailored.

I do have a jacket but as this warm weather is expected to continue I didn't think it would be required.

Shoes are black loafers.

Accessories - what could be added in your opinion?

Nat

Style Icon
    No worries.

Well if you're not wearing a jacket, then you can't wear a pocket square (I think you should reconsider, even if you lose the waistcoat).

If you're wearing a waistcoat, then you shouldn't really wear a tie bar.

I'm loving collar bars recently, but they're not to everyone's taste, and you would probably need a new shirt.

Fashionisto
    Hi Benjie!

Just the trousers really - not the best fit, a more tailored look would be better.

Love the colour of the shirt, great for an event like a wedding

If you have a jacket it could be used if the weather is not so good on the day but at the moment it is looking like a waistcoat will suffice.

Fashionisto
    No worries.

Well if you're not wearing a jacket, then you can't wear a pocket square (I think you should reconsider, even if you lose the waistcoat).

I'm loving collar bars recently, but they're not to everyone's taste, and you would probably need a new shirt.
    A tie bar is possible.

Fashionisto
    No worries.

Thanks mate. I do have a white shirt with a collar bar.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjie Baldini View Post
    Thanks mate. I do have a white shirt with a collar bar.
    Get the leg slimmed on the suit, wear that shirt with the collar bar, pale pink tie, plain white pocket square in the jacket pocket (you only have to wear the jacket for an hour or two, then you can take it off) - boom. Understated and stylish.

I agree with the comments about the jacket issue. If you aren't in the wedding and not wearing the jacket, lose the vest. The pants look way too big on you from what I can see from the tiny photo. I would definitely get them tailored in. I am not sure but I think they are pleated pants? Pleats tend to make pants look baggier then they are so it might just be that.

As far as the shirt color, I don't know if pink is the greatest color for a wedding. I am not saying go white or anything but a light blue, or a darker purple might look more sharp and appropriate.

Hope this helped! I would love to see what you end up wearing! Keep us updated!

+ Reply to Thread