FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

How does it fit?

Hi
    Please be honest.. before I take it to the taylor.

Trend Setter
    Being honest it is a bit big. Trousers seem fine. Sleeve length on the jacket is ok. Shoulders however look a tad big but a tailor can't do much about that. I would ask him/her to take the body in quite a bit. Let them pin on you and you'll see the difference it will make.

Trend Setter
    Yeah looks slightly big to me too.

It's a nice suit though!
    Nothing some tailoring won't fix to make it look great!

I worry about arm length quite a bit with my blazers as I never know what's 'correct' - but you can normally tell when it's on yourself if it's too long / short in the arm. From the pic the arm length looks fine though!

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah looks a bit big pal, it kind of swamps you. I agree with happydayz - the shoulders are too big, which isn't the easiest job for a tailor. Is it something you can return, and maybe size down?

Fashionisto
    thanks.
    I think I'm gonna try and slim the waist.
    The shoulders do look too big but I followed every formal method to check it, and this size is the smallest size HUGO makes (34R).
    I really don't like how the sleeves connect to the body of the blazer.

Nat

Style Icon
    Maybe just take it back then? I'm guessing it's expensive?!

Fashionisto
    I can't, Bought it like 7 months ago. I didn't pay for it so it's not a big deal but I do want to make a thing out of it

Hey Tristan!
    Honestly It is hard to tell from your picture because your arms are down and it is a bit dark. Maybe it is just my computer screen. From what I can tell though, it does look a little baggy. It isn't horrible but I think you would feel a lot better in it if you go and get it tailored. The fact that you posted it on here makes me think you are not 100% comfortable in it and it is always good to trust your gut feeling! Plus, you only look as good as you feel in your suits!

You are a slim guy, I would do some searches for slim fitted suits, I think this style of tailoring will fit your body type very well. If you decide to tailor this suit, I would love to see the results after! Keep us updated!

Hope this helped!

Fashionisto
    I went to a tailor today: as usual here, he was very arrogant and said that the shoulders are not a big issue to fix.
    (I live in Jerusalem, the good tailors here are originally from Russia, if anybody has an experience with this tradition)

He is gonna take everything in, across the middle line on the back of the blazer.

He also said something interesting about the sleeve angles- that don't fit my natural balance.

I hope it's gonna be okay! I really hope! It looked quied good out there, I am just a bit afraid of the V space between the lapels, it can be too narrow.

Fashionisto
    and.. got it tailored!
    the 'after' photo from today:

+ Reply to Thread