FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Recommended Accesories To Show Some Individuality

How much attention do you guys pay in regards to accesories? I'm building up a decent clothing collection but really want to spark off a bit of uniqueness. I'm trying and struggling to find a staple accesory which will be unique to my style. Basically I want to try to set myself apart a bit more.

Jay

Style Icon
    Set yourself apart with a Fez (moustache optional).

Fashionisto
    What do you usually wear day to day? Suit? Casual?

Trend Setter
    I have been thinking for a long time about how I can incorporate the fez, no answers yet.

Nat

Style Icon
    I'm a big fan of braces. I'm wearing some today as it goes. The beauty of them is that they can be incorporated in to casual or smart wear. And even though loads of people like them (well, they say they do anyway!), very few people actually wear them.

Flatcaps are good; hard to find one that's exactly right, but when you do... Sick!

I rock quite a lot of hats. Also have a few different coloured woven leather bracelet things that I wear next to my watch, which I can clash or co-ordinate as the mood suits.

I usually wear a long, fine chain with one of a variety of pendants too.

mostly casual, blazers, jeans, jumpers, shirts, chino's etc.

FashionBeans Staff
    Pocket squares and bright socks offer some of the cheapest and most versatile opportunities for creating individuality, they can be as bright as you like or as subdued as you like; it all depends on you.

I would also follow Nat's advice and try some braces (never with a belt) for a rockabilly edge.

Personally I'm not a fan of rings, necklaces etc, the furthest I will go is a watch.

Fashionisto
    I was out shopping today and had an inner debate going in terms of the braces. They have been quite trendy here in copenhagen lately (although they haven't really been common at any point), but do the braces go over as a classic/timeless piece as well?

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    I was out shopping today and had an inner debate going in terms of the braces. They have been quite trendy here in copenhagen lately (although they haven't really been common at any point), but do the braces go over as a classic/timeless piece as well?
    Depends what you wear them with, with a very casual look they might be a bit tryhard.

I agree with the socks & pocket square comment- I have even taken to wearing a pocket square in some casual items- I think anything with a top pocket, should have a pocket square! I've been rocking one in my Viv coat

It's just as well really, it needed something to make it stand out more!

+ Reply to Thread