FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    I find this article rather interesting: The 50 Most Stylish Men of the Past 50 Years

Trend Setter
    I think I have to add an inspiration from Brandon Flowers of The Killers - not so much his peacock shoulder pads, but the way he wears tailored clothes; the waistcoats and suits, some of the bow ties etc. making me want to branch out and try and hit a new means of smart casual.

Fashionisto
    Ewan McGregor always manages to look pretty sharp in whatever he is wearing, be it a t-shirt/jeans/biker boots combo, or dressed up for the red carpet. Steve McQueen was the same - well deserved the nickname 'The King of Cool".

Fashionisto
    It's really depend on what style I'm looking for, but generally I always liked the style of Steve McQueen, and recently also David Beckham.

Ryan Gosling is my long time man crush, can't get enough of that dapper wee man. Reggie Yates often impresses me as well, I like how his style is a bit more out there than most b-list celebrities. Paul Newman is probably my favourite though, less for clothes and more for how he carried himself. One smooth bugger.

Ii have to agre with Torres on the Ryan gosling man crush. Sincr i have a similar physique, head shape and physique to him I've been basing my style of his wardrobe and over the past few months have had a look of glances in public ( in a good way obviously!)

Trend Setter
    Seems Ryan Gosling isn't only popular with the ladies haha! Glad I found 2 others!

I like David Beckham's top half of casual wear but the photo's I've seen on his bottom half I really don't like, baggy stonewash jeans that are too long and white trainers that remind me of K-Swiss.

For a casual style i allways steal some details from David Gandy or James Dean, and for a more dressed style i look at Dan Trepanier

Fashionisto
    Ryan Gosling does seem to be able to wear literally anything and look good.. What is that? His physique? His attitude? Both?

This guy is incredible though, his facial features are so sharp and almost 'mean'.

His style is so related to 'vintage' it's unreal.

Jimmy Q.

His accent is fucking horrendous though.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanWalker View Post
    Ryan Gosling does seem to be able to wear literally anything and look good.. What is that? His physique? His attitude? Both?
    The thing with gosling is that he was never very stylish before. If you look at a few older photos his fashion sense was pretty dreadful! However in recent years he worked hard to get fit and obtain an athletic physique, he learnt about 'fit 'and what works for him (obviously with the help of a stylist) and he wears his clothes with confidence. That's the reason why I like the guy so much, it shows that with hard work and educating yourself, anyone can look stylish.

+ Reply to Thread