FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

help / advice need on outfit

I have an idea of an outfit in mind for an informal wedding I will be attending in a few weeksí time. Iím going to run my idea past you sartorial genius for help or approval.
    I have a fitted short navy sports jacket / blazer, to be worn with a crisp white shirt and navy tie with white dots (see below)
    I have a pair of brown shoes which I love, I guess thatís my stumbling block Iím trying to incorporate them into the outfit (maybe you can help / advice on that as well )RAINBOW at Russell & Bromley
    Ultimately itís the chino colour Iím stuck on, I was think grey chinos (maybe not acceptable for a wedding ) or eggshell blue.

Ultimately the goal is to look good

Please help, id greatly appreciate it.

Nat

Style Icon
    If you're going to be keeping your jacket on, and done up, then off white would look good. You just won't be able to take it off, as the chinos and shirt will be too similar in colour. Unless you could switch to a light blue shirt?

Eggshell blue chinos would be a BIG look, though could be amazing imo.

What you thinking for the pocket square?

Nice shoes btw.

hi
    thanks

I hadnt made my mind up on pocket square, any suggestions.

I like light blue shirt idea.

Nat

Style Icon
    Pocket square is a must. You could wear almost anything though. You could tie it in tonally with something with blue in it, or clash it and have something completely different in colour. Even a floral print or something. Timothy Everest had some crazy bird and butterfly thing a while ago, but I think it was limited edition.

Or just keep it classic with white, of course.

sky blue or white is a good idea, maybe red to match the laces

Trend Setter
    Grey chinos would be acceptable at a wedding but don't seem a very fitting choice: they are more soberly responsible than celebratory. Eggshell blue could be great (and very dramatic) but is risky - it could be too much; definitely try the whole look together first to check it works. Off white is the obvious and classic choice for summer with a blue jacket. It always looks smart - probably the reason it was the American summer formal look and is known as the Californian Tuxedo.

Fashionisto
    Nazy blazer and white shirt-- nice and safe combination, but pairing them with grey chinos...I'm not so sure. On top of my head, I would pair them with chinos of lighter shades. I myself would wear white chinos, but if that seemed a bit too much, you could go for beige shade as in the color of the blazer in this image (http://cdnc.lystit.com/photos/2012/0...arge_flex.jpeg). I think it will work nicely. I'd also pair them with khaki green chinos like this shade (http://myntra.myntassets.com/images/..._1440_mini.jpg).
    Let us know how it goes
    The Confused Dasher: The musings of a menswear fashion enthusiast

+ Reply to Thread