FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Clothes to go with black/grey jeans

I've begun to upgrade my wardrobe and ideally need to work with clothes I already own, that is I have some black slim jeans and some grey trousers and grey jeans also, I want to use this as the foundation for my style as I feel most comfortable in them.
    Any suggestions of ways clothes to go with these?
    White shirts, blue shirts? Leather jackets?
    I'm open to ideas.

Trend Setter
    A lot of things would go to be honest, I'll give you a list of what I would wear:
    Tees - Burgundy, Navy and White would look amazing IMO
    Shirts - White and Blue are pretty good calls, why not branch out though? Black jeans and a checked shirt would look pretty cool
    Jackets - Leather Jacket would look awesome, if you have the confidence why not try the all black look?
    Shoes - Black/Brown Military Boots or (a nicer one) Sand Desert Boots. They all look pretty cool

Fashionisto
    Black/grey jeans are so versatile that I'm sure you can match it with lots of things. When it comes to shirts, fleece, tees, my most favorites to coordinate are chambray and breton stripes. It goes very nicely with both black and grey jeans. Light grey shirts will work too. Black jeans and white shirts, I'm a bit skeptical because unless done right, we could easily look like waiters (lol). As for winter wear such as leather jackets, blazers, sweaters, mix and match at will. Generally speaking, they work well together. Hope it helps
    The Confused Dasher: The musings of a menswear fashion enthusiast

Fashionisto
    Thanks, you both helped a lot.
    I'll probably avoid the white shirt when wearing black jeans, wouldn't mind the white tee with grey jeans, I saw Ryan Gosling wearing that in Only God Forgives.

+ Reply to Thread