FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

How old do I look/How to look older

I am very interested in how old people think I look - please be honest, I really wont get offended.

Also, if anyone has any grooming/hair tips for how to look older (or dress older, just in general) please let me know.
    Last edited by seagulled; 10-08-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Trend Setter
    Link doesn't work for me mate, you need to right-click the image on the website that you want to upload and press 'copy IMG url' or similar. Copy that into the image box on this forum (3rd icon from right at the top of the post window0.

JEK

Trend Setter
    I can't see the picture.. Could you try and just upload the link instead?
    Regards
    Johan

Please see updated link - does this finally work?

JEK

Trend Setter
    Works fine now. I use skydrive too and for some reason the picture embed function doesn't work when the photo is hosted on skydrive.
    Regarding how old you look, I would say around 18-20. I really like the shirt btw.
    Regards
    Johan

Fashionisto
    You look between 18-22 to me, I hope this doesn't offend you.

Get a bit of facial hair going on and have your hair shorter on the sides with a massive quiff on top, then I think you may start to look a bit older.

I would agree u look about 18-22

A sharper haircut would make you look a bit older, as would facial hair, but u look a bit like a babyface so I'm guessing you can't grow a beard?

Yeah, so basically I am 21 (I knew I looked slightly on the younger side). I often wear black glasses as well but here I am in contacts.

The issue is that I am starting in a professional services very formal firm in October and need to look very mature and credible - I am 6'2"-3" which helps but even still...

What do you mean by a sharper haircut? (very interested because I have been looking for a new haircut for a while)

Also, with regards to baby face - yeah, I have some facial hair but not enough for a beard/stubble which is super annoying.

Just something a bit shorter / neater I guess

Trend Setter
    I agree with the shorter haircut comments, well just on the sides - get it really tidied up. The length on top is good to work with, just get it thinned out a little if you find it too thick or too heavy.

Also this suggestion maybe offensive, just to be up front! And I hate saying this but this is only from experience as I used to have the same issue, but you have quite puffed out cheeks, so perhaps doing some gym work or exercise will help you lose a bit of weight (apologies once again). But I never used to be overweight (started working out at 19% body fat), but had chubby cheeks, the moment I started achieving/working toward my fitness goals my face fat went immediately, around my cheeks and chin that is. Now that I have a slimmer face, I immediately look more mature, luckily I can grow stubble to help me as well, even though I have really bright blonde hair!

As far as grooming, know your skin type and deal with it effectively. I imagine you probably have oily skin as your 21 (I have it also at 23), if you do I recommend Men-U's refresh gel, and matt moisturiser, a bargain and lasts for ages for what you get!

+ Reply to Thread