FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Next Quality

Does anyone know whether the quality of Next Shoes (more specifically brogues) is any good? I am familiar with things such as shirts, tees, trousers etc and the quality is pretty good. No doubt they won't compare to my desired Grenson Dylan, but is the quality good enough to last over a year if treated properly?

Trend Setter
    I had a pair of black derbies from Next. Bought them in August and they lasted until the following summer, but they were pretty tatty by then and both had holes in the heel. Not overly comfy either. Wouldn't really recommend.

Trend Setter
    Well they're a high street brand, so I really wouldn't expect much from them.

I have two pairs of brogues from Next and to me they're excellent quality. They look more expensive than they are but - for me at least - I dont worry about wearing them on a night out like I would with a properly expensive designer pair (because I would worry about being stepped on/spilt drinks etc)

Fashionisto
    I purchased a pair of leather boots from Next in 2009, and to this day they are still going strong. I wear them literally every day in winter and they show no signs of "giving up" any time soon. They look as good as new with a good polish etc. I'd have no problem recommending their boots to anyone.

Trend Setter
    I've read some promising reviews about them, and I must admit some pairs look pretty stylish. I would love a pair of "proper" shoes from either Grenson or Loake but I'm in my teens so I could just imagine buying them and growing out of them in a week or so. Plus I have a tendency to not take particularly good care of my shoes on occasion.... Lol. I know they're high street but for a year of so investment I'm quite tempted - especially with their prices being fairly low

+ Reply to Thread