FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Weekend Duffle

FashionBean!
    I'm in search of a duffle bag to use in weekend trips. I scoured as much of the articles as i could handle on the site (650'ish articles is a daunting task) and did a forum search where i found all kinds of cool bag suggestions from you guys (the scaramanga overlander is going to be purchased in my near future for day to day needs) but none of those really fit what i have in mind. I'm wanting to find a leather duffle that'll fit a few days worth of clothes and maybe a pair of shoes or two. I'm trying to find one with an adventurous kind of look and feel to it, but all of my searching has been fruitless. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Fashionisto
    What sort of budget do you have in mind?

$750. But that can change with how hard I fall for the bag

Nat

Style Icon
    Something like this? AllSaints Orchard Holdall | Mens Bags

Don't know if they deliver to US though.

With that budget you are going to be really spoilt for choice. What do you mean by "adventurous"?!

I really like the color of that bag Nat =]
    And you would think finding one I like with that budget would be easy, but my lack of internet website savvy-ness isn't making my search go far.
    I'd hate to say by adventurous I mean exterior pockets, but you know how pockety duffles have that kind of vibe? I don't think that entire sentence made sense...

Alex! I can't believe i didn't notice the J.Crew Abingdon holdall when i checked Mr. Porter, because that might be my bag spirit animal. On top of that i'd never heard of Aspinal of London or Filson, both of which seem like they have alot of cool stuff. Thanks a ton for all the choices

Trend Setter
    Glad you be of use! Filson and Aspinal both make good quality stuff from what I gather - I don't have any of their products myself.

Fashionisto
    Gb1991: $750 is a good budget to start. You can get a pretty great bag. FIY, AllSaints do ship to the US (you just have to change the country from UK to US, the shipping is free). I used to be in the US and ordered from them all the times.

- J Crew, Filson, Aspinal, Jack Spade (have you checked their website? duffel bags, gym bags, leather duffel bags - jack spade), Marc by Marc Jacobs, Polo Ralph Lauren all make good duffle bags. And the prices are well within your budget. (Check them out here: The Men's Store*-*Accessories*-*Bags, Briefcases & Totes*-*Backpacks & Duffels*-*Saks.com)
    - Another brand that I really like when it comes to leather is Frye. Their Logan overnight bag is really solid: Logan Overnight - Men's Leather Bags, Messenger Bags and Brief Cases - The Frye Company
    - If you have a few hundreds more, Mulberry offer top-notch ones. I'd be killing for this one: Mulberry*Medium Clipper Holdall Bag*|*MR PORTER
    Hope it helps. Let us know what you end up buying.

The Confused Dasher: The musings of a menswear fashion enthusiast

+ Reply to Thread