FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

tan or brown grenson brogues?

Hi

I am in need of some advise guys.
    Looking to buy my first pair of grenson brogues. Have decided on the dylan style but cannot decide between the tan or brown.

Grenson | Dylan brogue
    Men's Shoes, Tan Brogues, Dylan Brogues, Leather Shoes.

Any thoughts on what would be most versatile?

Cheers

Style Icon
    It depends a bit on how you plan to use them. Brown is more discrete, and perhaps easier to integrate with the smarter range of office wear, for example.

I personally prefer tan, as I find it more versatile than brown, at least for my style of dressing. Also, I think tan complements the brogue pattern, making it stand out more.

Nat

Style Icon
    The tan ones are so much nicer. Bit of a statement shoe though, so you need to have the confidence to pull them off

Thanks for the input guys.

I was swaying to tan myself, but as mentioned they a bit more out there.

Which colours do you think would go with them? Obviously navy but anything that should be avoided?

Ta

Nat

Style Icon
    My favourite way of wearing tan brogues is with grey wool/tweed trousers. The combination of heritage pieces just works. Just keep the fit modern.

They are pretty versatile, though I wouldn't wear them with anything too casual, or anything too close in colour e.g. Camel chinos

Trend Setter
    No contest - Tan all the way. I have some Barker brogues in tan and they look awesome with just about anything. I think pure brown (i.e. not Tan) brogues can work as long as they are a light to mid brown whereas those ones are very dark.

Fashionisto
    I actually think I prefer the brown ones. Much more versatile in my opinion.

I have really gone off tan brogues lately, as I see so many people wearing them incorrectly. Be it with the wrong colour outfit/fit of trousers, it has really put me off of them.

Fashionisto
    I would go for tan. Brown is more low-key, for sure but come to think of it, you could wear tan to the office, parties, formal occasions etc and it makes a better impression though I agree with the above post that it's important to coordinate with what you wear. It just doesn't go with everything.

Thanks for all the responses.

+ Reply to Thread