FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Budget Holdalls

Hi people, I'm off on holiday in just over a week and don't have a suitable bag. I need something that can fit in hand luggage, that doesn't look too cheap and tacky and won't ruin my image. I'll be travelling for over 2 weeks between 5-6 different towns so the bag will be out a lot. It doesn't have to be one that lasts forever as I'll buy something more upmarket in future. Any specific recommendations in the 50 range? Guess I need to order ASAP if it's off the internet due to postage and the need to pack next weekend.
    Last edited by Gibbe84; 10-08-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Trend Setter
    Sorry for upping this but I'm really struggling. Anyone have any opinions on this? Went to town Friday but found nothing decent in my price range. Can't find anything nice for under 100. Looks like I'm off to Chav's Direct for a bargain option unless anyone has any suggestions?

Trend Setter
    That 50 pound limit you've got there is really restricting what I can pick for you, but here are 2 versions of the same bag by River Island:

Black Holdall

Brown Holdall (looks better IMO)

Should be good for your needs no?

Trend Setter
    Herschel Supply Co. Ravine Holdall (Black & Tan)

Do a search and you will prob find it cheaper too. It is a nice bag in the flesh.

FashionBeans Staff
    To be honest, if its going to be taking a bit of punishment then you might find a cheaper leather holdall doesn't cut the mustard. I'd go for an simple black eastpak holdall or something. Not the most stylish but you can be sure it won't fall apart and it doesn't look bad and you're guaranteed a shoulder strap.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the feedback guys. You're probably right about punishment. It'll be dumped all over the place and dragged from town to town. Doesn't have to last too long but need one that will at least get me through the trip. If you think Eastpak ones are likely to be the most reliable do you know which high street shops stock them? I'd prefer to see them in person if possible just to make sure the sizing is right.

FashionBeans Staff
    Not sure about high street stores, Sports direct etc might stock them or potentially street wear shops. I got mine on Amazon.

Trend Setter
    I own this weekender bag that might work for you. It's quite stylish and I get a lot of compliments whenever I use it... however, it is canvas as opposed to leather. It differs from the one that Happydays mentioned earlier by being slightly larger, and this one has a separate shoe compartment:

Herschel Novel Bag

Or, if you really want leather (or at least the appearance of leather), I just stumbled across this imitation leather bag from H&M's online store:

H&M Weekend Bag

+ Reply to Thread