FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter

What do you think of this suit?

Very slim fit trousers without a break, yes or no? What do you think of the outfit?
    Also, where can I find simple, but elegant, not too pricy cufflinks?

Last edited by sam1234; 09-08-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Style Icon
    Looks good! Really good, actually. There's nothing wrong with a slight break on suit trousers, in my opinion. The trousers look fine, if perhaps a little on the short side - they might look too short when sitting down.

The bow tie works, but I think you could go for something a bit bolder, or go for a more interesting pocket square, to add some spice.

But those are just suggestions, I think it works really well the way it is.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the reply Marc. I spent quite a while pondering what size trousers I should get in the shop. This is a size 30, the next size up, 32, was too loose round the waist and a little baggy round the pockets and crown jewels area. So I went with the size 30 (that has the intentionally no break/not enough break look) I do think they are a little tight when I sit down and they're pretty short as well. I guess I'll just have to make sure my socks don't sag down.
    The bow tie has to be that colour because it matches the colour of my girlfriend's dress. (We're wearing matching outfits to a wedding). I could change the pocket square, but I'm a noob when it comes to pockets squares, so I went for simple white. Any colour or pattern suggestions?
    Any cufflink suggestions?
    Last edited by sam1234; 13-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Fashionisto
    I agree with MarcLager that the suit looks really good on you. Fits snugly to the body. Since the trousers reveal a little bit of ankles if I'm not mistaken, how about some colorful socks? As for cufflinks, Ted Baker makes some nice and affordable ones (I think they ship outside UK too. Check them out: Mens Cufflinks | Designer Cufflinks For Men | Ted Baker). As for pocket squares, I like those by Reiss (sorry, I'm just a sucker for British brands, generally speaking haha. Link: Accessories - Mens Accessories - REISS). I personally think with this look, you can go for a quirky pocket square and leave the top button of the shirt open. It looks more relaxing. Cheers!

---
    The Confused Dasher: The musings of a menswear fashion enthusiast

How is the arm length for you? Might just be the picture but is there some bunching? Good looking suit though.

Nat

Style Icon
    Suit jacket fits well. I like the patch pocket on the chest too - something a bit different. Trouser length is good, though they are a bit skinny for my tastes. I like slim, but these seem very slim. Accentuates the size of the shoes too.

In terms of pocket square, as that bowtie is quite a bold colour, I would either go plain white, or try to get a multi-coloured one that includes the colour of the bow-tie. That would look good. I wouldn't get a solid one that is the same colour as the bow tie though. That's a bit matchy-matchy.

Trend Setter
    Confuseddasher, thanks for the links! The wedding requires tie or bow tie, so unbuttoning my shirt is not an option.

Columbo,Yeah, the arm length is a little too long, by a half an inch or so, otherwise I feel the jacket fits nicely. I guess I can't have that tailored?

FYI the suit is from AllSaints.

Nat

Style Icon
    shortening of the arm depends on the position of the buttons mainly. Take it to a tailor though

Trend Setter
    [QUOTE=Nat;39169]I like slim, but these seem very slim. Accentuates the size of the shoes too.

thanks Nat, you're right, the trousers do accentuate the shoes. They look huge in this pic, allthough I like to believe the shoes look better in real life.

Trend Setter
    The buttons are right at the end of the sleeve...

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last