FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Fashionisto
    The oxford shirts from Jack and Jones' premium range are very good. Good fit and quality. 8 on 10.

Trend Setter
    Is uniqlo quality ok? The oxford shirts are only 15 online?!... As for Jack Jones, not a big fan of that shop but I'll check out the shirt you're talking about!

Fashionisto
    Never bought from Uniqlo but in one of Matt's articles he suggested Uniqlo! But from personal experience I've found that Asos quality is doing me well!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by jonard View Post
    Is uniqlo quality ok? The oxford shirts are only 15 online?!... As for Jack Jones, not a big fan of that shop but I'll check out the shirt you're talking about!
    Uniqlo is known for quality. High prices rarely mean high quality.

Fashionisto
    Got to be GAP for me. ASOS Oxfords are cheap rubbish IMO. The Medium is tiny but the Large is MASSIVE!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by jonard View Post
    ive got one from uniqlo, material quality is v.good however the fit isnt as good as higher end brands though (but the one i have isnt slim fit).

Fashionisto
    I got a couple of Oxfords from Next last season and they are perfect. Very nice slim fit and good quality. Wish I had bought more at the time and unfortuntely they haven't carried anything similar over to this season.

Trend Setter
    I have Asos, Gap, Next and Uniqlo oxford shirts in my wardrobe. The Next one I bought on eBay so may not be this season and is cut very short and fitted, I use it when I want to go casual and untucked. The Asos shirt is a bit small for me in XS (previous poster has already mentioned their sizing issues). The Asos oxford also has fake horn type buttons, i/e a different colour to the shirt, so more casual than standard buttons. I don't like the material on the Gap one at all, very stiff and with a more open weave. Fit is OK in XS though. The Uniqlo Oxford is by far my favourite and I have it in a variety of colours. In XS it fits me well in the arms and body, not too long, but long enough to tuck in. Less open weave than Gap, so smarter when needed to be. I'm 5'6" with slimish build if that helps with sizing guidance. I have never tried Topman Oford shirts and generally try and stay away from TM stuff.

Uniqlo is my pref at high street price point. Of course if we are getting into Polo Ralp Lauren prices then things may be different. However, having said that, the body on my slim fit RL denim button down is very long and very slim, and the arms are a little long for me and I may get them altered this winter. Likewise I tend to have to get Gant Rugger shirts shortened in the sleeve. Stuff like RL cusom fit never really fits me that well. But the shirts I have from RL and GR are very nice quality and fit generally.

Hope that helps.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I have Asos, Gap, Next and Uniqlo oxford shirts in my wardrobe. The Next one I bought on eBay so may not be this season and is cut very short and fitted, I use it when I want to go casual and untucked. The Asos shirt is a bit small for me in XS (previous poster has already mentioned their sizing issues). The Asos oxford also has fake horn type buttons, i/e a different colour to the shirt, so more casual than standard buttons. I don't like the material on the Gap one at all, very stiff and with a more open weave. Fit is OK in XS though. The Uniqlo Oxford is by far my favourite and I have it in a variety of colours. In XS it fits me well in the arms and body, not too long, but long enough to tuck in. Less open weave than Gap, so smarter when needed to be. I'm 5'6" with slimish build if that helps with sizing guidance. I have never tried Topman Oford shirts and generally try and stay away from TM stuff.

Uniqlo is my pref at high street price point. Of course if we are getting into Polo Ralp Lauren prices then things may be different. However, having said that, the body on my slim fit RL denim button down is very long and very slim, and the arms are a little long for me and I may get them altered this winter. Likewise I tend to have to get Gant Rugger shirts shortened in the sleeve. Stuff like RL cusom fit never really fits me that well. But the shirts I have from RL and GR are very nice quality and fit generally.

Hope that helps.
    Excellent guide, exactly what I was looking for. I can't believe the uniqlo one is so cheap! Do you find the fit okay around the waist? I'm going with a large and hate having baggy waist fit

Nat

Style Icon
    Uniqulo do a slim fit version now, so just cop that, if you're worried about a regular being too baggy.

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last