FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5

Fashionisto
    I bought a slim fit Oxford from Marks and Spencer in my right neck size which is 15 and a half but I found that although it fit around the neck it was really quite baggy, most especially on the chest and just below the arms and pit area. Are Oxfords meant to be like that? I suppose it would give your armpits room to breathe if you wore it for work you know, so I wasn't sure if it fit right or not. Either way it was terrible fit, especially with a slim fit blazer from River Island.

I think M&S caters for bigger and fatter sized men almost the opposite of Topman who cater for the skinny boys.
    Last edited by CosmicVagrant; 14-04-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Fashionisto
    I have some slim fit M&S shirts which fit me fine. I do think a lot of their stuff is a bit loose though. The Uniqlo ones are good quality, but drown me!

The best fit I've found are the All Saints ones. Which is a smidge annoying - I'm not a fan of the Ramskull... (and the fact that they're rather expensive)

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRhysSmith View Post
    I have some slim fit M&S shirts which fit me fine. I do think a lot of their stuff is a bit loose though. The Uniqlo ones are good quality, but drown me!

The best fit I've found are the All Saints ones. Which is a smidge annoying - I'm not a fan of the Ramskull... (and the fact that they're rather expensive)
    I find this with Uniqlo, their shirts and T-shirts/polos especially are sized on the large size. I am usually a Medium in t-shirts and polos however a medium from uniqlo would be WAY too big.

Fashionisto
    I just got a couple of asos oxfords through the post and I'm pretty disappointed with them. The material is ok, but the sleeves are pretty baggy and the shirt collar sticks out. Also had to send back a next oxford recently as it was too slim fitting (never thought I'd have that problem). Uniqlo oxfords are by far the best I've tried but their xs shirts have a 15inch neck, as opposed to the usual 14 1/2 inch you usually get, so they fit perfectly everywhere apart from the neck. Strangely, I got one of their oxfords of eBay and it fits perfectly in the neck.

One thing that generally annoys me about oxford shirts is how small the collar is, which is why I like Uniqlo's so much, since they have a nice large button down collar.

Ah the search goes on.....

Trend Setter
    I size down to an XS for Uniqlo Oxford's, though that does make them tight on the neck for me. I've recently bought a few oxford shirts from Trashness and they are quite a good fit.

Trend Setter
    I recently ordered a slim fitting Oxford from Uniqlo but sent it back because I thought the quality was poor.

I normally find Uniqlo’s quality excellent relative to the price point but I thought the material was poor and creased very easily.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5