FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Fashionisto
    G-star are awful. Woefully over-priced, and I have a few items of G-star clothing. The chinos are ragged and horrid. Also Primark. Yak.

Fashionisto
    Defiantly agree with you with that! I bought a duffle coat from Topman 3 years ago and it is still in perfect condition whereas my chinos I bought lasted about 6 months before ripping in 2 different places! Strange considering how good of a fit they were!

Fashionisto
    Just to add to the hit and miss discussion. I bought some desert boots from Topman 3 years ago now. They've survived just about every bit of precipitation the sky can throw at them. Conversely, I'm on my second pair of brogue boots from Clarkes. A brand which, in my eyes are renown for their quality footwear. The lining went in my first pair so I went and got them changed, only for the sole on the next pair to come loose.

Fashionisto
    I agree with the point about Clarkes. I buy my more formal shoes from Clarkes normally and they normally last me a year at the most, probably because they go through a bit of wearing, but I guess that's what shoes are made for! My Asos brogues are currently (hope I don't jinx this) doing me great, they've lasted well for the last 11-12 months so if they stay like they are now then I'd defiantly suggest everyone to look on there!

Fashionisto
    Hollister, Abercrombie are the number 1 on this list: Rant incoming.

Firstly, the ridiculous branding. HOLLISTER HOLLISTER HOLLISTER. Everyone knows I shop at HOLLISTER because it says HOLLISTER in gargantuan letters on the front of my quite frankly ugly shirt. The branding isn't even neccessary anymore since 95% of the fashion ignorant population are wearing that ****. Secondly, the comments from the CEO about how they only want 'Cool, slim people to wear their clothes'. That just speaks for itself. Lastly, their store. Oh the store. It's like being in a tomb. The first and last time I went into Hollister/Abercrombie/whatever I nearly had a panic attack, it's so dark you can't see the crappy clothes, the music is blaring, the aisles are thin. Oh the horror.

I'm pretty snobby with clothes, so there are other places I wont touch, but those are the worst.

Fashionisto
    Adding on to the points on G-Star, I've never really been that interested in their clothing. I've seen something's I like but I've yet to actually buy something, considering what everyone's been saying I might give it a miss!

Fashionisto
    MojoGogo, I love your point! Going back to my days where I tried to 'follow the crowd' with all of the Hollister, A&F, Ralph Lauren, ect! Anything that's over branded (logos or names) then I just can't stand it, fashion is about personality and not wearing stuff just for the brand (All Saints is my one exception). Voi is the make that I cannot stand the most, especially those awful jeans/shorts with the huge logo on the back!

Trend Setter
    I have some white undershirts from G-Star with a slightly deeper V neck. They're great cause you can wear them under a shirt and have a button or 2 open and the undershirt doesn't show. I also have a nice denim G-Star shirt, which was overpriced, but I got on sale.
    I dislike most of their clothing, but here and there some items seem to suit me rather well. Quality is good according to me. As a brand it is definitely not on the top of my list, but if I'm passing by a G-Star shop and the sales are on I'll have a snoop around, just to see of something catches my eye.

Fashionisto
    Another quick question... River Island? Haven't heard much on this!

Trend Setter
    Bought a T-shirt there this summer for 10 pounds. Love it. I saw some other nice things when I was in their store, but can't comment on the quality.
    What I don't like about River Island is the cheap leather imitations and other cheap-looking imitations of current fashion trends.

+ Reply to Thread