FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    geo

Fashionisto

Good slim jeans..Where from?

I got some good ones recently in H&M in 'slim' which were pretty tight on me but were nice- heaven knows what 'skinny' fiit would be by h&m. However they don't have many classic dark blues in their range.

Anyone know where else?

I like levis 511 but they're pricey

FashionBeans Staff
    Skinny is SUPER skinny in H&M (partly the reason I like them). I've always found the fit to be pretty good, they're washes and colours etc on the other hand are really really inconsistent. They have some terrible jeans at the moment. Uniqlo might be a good port of call. Pretty much all my jeans are from H&M though.

Style Icon
    My standard answer is always Levis.

When I buy cheaper jeans, it's almost always H&M. But as Will pointed out, they can be quite inconsistent - both in fit and quality.

Fashionisto
    Check out Urban Outfitters - I picked up some slim fit Indigo & Maine jeans from there at the weekend, 55 reduced down to 18. A really nice fit and had a similr cut to 511's.

Second the Indigo & Maine from UO, they've got a solid feel to them and look first class. Only reason I don't own a pair is due to my personal fit. I'm a huge Nudie fan, so will champion them until I'm blue in the face!! Get some.

Fashionisto
    I have to agree on the Levi's. Love my pair.

I your looking for cheap knockabout jeans, Burton skinny fit are good and fit like a slim. There's an offer on ATM as well where you get a second pair for 10 so you can get 2 pair for 40-50 quid.

Unbranded, Levis are the classic option.

Trend Setter
    Literally I bought a pair of Gap Authentic skinny today and I was expecting a skinny fit. However they fit like a pair of slim fit jean which I prefer tbh. Besides, at about 40 a pop you can't really go wrong either - especially with the quality you get for the price.

Fashionisto
    My suggestion would be to splash out a little more on jeans, they're versatile (especially if you go for a dark, rinse wash), and the denim specific brands will tend to last longer than cheaper alternatives.

Some nice slim fit suggestions would be Nudie Slim Jim, Diesel Safado, Levis 511 (as per your suggestion). You can find these online but I would recommend you going to try them on first.

Indigo & Maine from UO, they've got a solid feel to them and look first class

+ Reply to Thread