FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

Light Brown Cord Blazer. What Should I Pair With It?

Just grabbed a rather lovely skinny light brown chord blazer from topman for 75 today. A bit of a radical purchase for me, seem as its quite out of my comfort zone. Looks quite nice paired with a plain white tee, but when it comes to knitwear or shirts, what would sort of colours/textures am i looking for?
    Cheers
    Pretty similar to this.
    http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...er&pageSize=20
    Last edited by Nath6644; 22-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Trend Setter
    I'd keep it simple with a pale blue shirt, possibly a knitted tie and some deep indigo jeans. Or maybe a grey polo neck.

Style Icon
    yeah i was definately thinking simple. the pale blue shirt sounds good. Would a chambray be good? And the grey polo also sounds like it could work for dressing it down. Cheers man.

Sam

Style Icon
    I think when he said polo neck he meant the knitted sort - you know, what you might otherwise call a roll neck or turtleneck. And it's a sound call, that would look great.

Personally, I think if you fancy dressing it up a bit, why not play off the "cool geography teacher vibe" GQ so often extols the virtues of and wear it with a button down Oxford shirt and a knitted tie? A cool play on textures. Top off with a silk or cashmere scarf to hammer the point home with effortless dandyism. There's a lot you can do with that ensemble. Colour wise, an (off-)white shirt and a red tie would be a simple place to start.
    Another thing you could do, in the context of that outfit (subbing out the red tie for example) or another outfit, is really use the colour in the context of the seasonal palette; muted, autumnal colours would work beautifully. Dark, mild purples, olive greens, burnt oranges and deep burgundies and reds would all compliment the jacket no end.

Jay

Style Icon

Style Icon
    Nice suggestions guys! Particularly in love with that jumper!

Editor-In-Chief
    Loving how you guys are putting looks together using products. 2 amazing looks their Jay with the right mix of colours, materials and textures. Spot on for what we have been seeing this Autumn/Winter - more emphasis on depth and deep bold colours.
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Jay

Style Icon
    Isn't that tie just gorgeous? I have a charcoal one which has a similar texture, but I'm really tempted to get that one too even though it's rather on the pricey side.

Trend Setter
    I'm in love with that tie. Good shout, jay.

+ Reply to Thread