FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Blazer fit

I am curious about blazer fits, essentially there's tree.

There's the slim fit, regular fit and tailored fit.

Obviously slim fit is ideal but how come they don't just make all blazers slim fit, why do they even bother selling baggier versions?

Can one wear a loose fitting blazer or is it too 1960's?

Well, personally I only buy slim fit blazers if I can't find any regular fit ones. If I can find a baggier version, I'll buy that one if it comes with matching pants (that's my love for 80's fashion shining through).

I guess the point I'm making is, not everybody likes slim fit. Some like regular, and some even love wearing baggy suits/blazers.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxley View Post
    Well, personally I only buy slim fit blazers if I can't find any regular fit ones. If I can find a baggier version, I'll buy that one if it comes with matching pants (that's my love for 80's fashion shining through).

I guess the point I'm making is, not everybody likes slim fit. Some like regular, and some even love wearing baggy suits/blazers.
    Also meant to point that when I mean baggy, I don't mean over-sized like some kind of hip-hop superstar but you know, just not that skinny fit which looks good on skinny people.

Fashionisto
    Unfortunately, with the variety of body types out there, slim/skinny fit blazers won't flatter everyone. I find there's a lot to consider when buying a suit or a dinner jacket, so it's always handy to have a good tailor on board.

Yeah, I hear ya. I wouldn't wear a hip-hop superstar level baggy blazer either. The horror of trying to picture it in my head hurts my brain.

+ Reply to Thread