FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

Matching Belt with Desert Boots?

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Recently I picked up a pair of Clarks' Desert Boots in the colour below, but I am having a nightmare finding a belt to match. I find I have to wear a dark brown, plaited belt with any jeans I wear with the boots in order to provide significant contrast that it doesn't appear as though I have failed in trying to match the colour.

I don't like having to do this though, as I like my belts to match my shoe colour.

Does anyone know where I could pick up a suede/waxed leather belt in a similar colourway which won't break the bank?

Trend Setter
    I have the same problem at times Ben.
    And do you know what I did?! Went to Dorothy Perkins! Haha. My sister was with me like, and she bought them. But I managed to get some suede effect belts that were perfect for what I needed. They were just plain straps with a gold / silver buckle - nothing feminine about them at all.
    And no one knew it was a women's belt either!

If you have no luck finding one elsewhere, check that out!

ASOS | ASOS Vintage Look Leather Belt at ASOSs the closest I have seen...

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by seagulled View Post
    Hmmm link doesn't seem to be working.

I think I may know the belt you mean. It is close, but still no cigar I don't think.

Cheers for the heads up Aneres! I may have a look online.

This is ridiculous. i could have sworn I have seen loads of suede belts in this colour, and the moment I want one they're rarer than hens milk teeth.

ASOS | ASOS Smart Belt at ASOS

Or probably better (the one I originally meant to post)

ASOS | ASOS Vintage Look Leather Belt at ASOS

Style Icon
    Cheers for the links.

the first one looks pretty good, but I think I will try and find a real leather one. I have a history of ripping pleather belts to shreds.

Style Icon
    Don't obsess over it. I've got the exact same pair of desert boots, and I haven't even tried to find a belt that's in the same colour. I wear them with anything from a grey tweed'ish belt, brown canvas belt or tan leather belt.

I never quite got why the belt simply must match the shoes. "Matching the leather" and all that is in my opinion just a good pointer for the wary, rather than some rule that can't be broken. Because the sand colour is so anonymous in this case, it's really hard to go wrong as nothing will clash with it. You can pretty much go for a bright orange belt, and it would still not clash. Well, at least not with the shoes.

Style Icon
    I agree with you to an extent, but when the shoes match the belt I really think it helps to tie the look together. It just elevates your image and shows that you clearly care about how you look.

Thanks for the advice though mate. I'm beginning to agree with you on this one. The shoes look sharp with this leather plaited belt I have:

Style Icon
    Again, I have the exact boots. I prefer a contrast.

Then again, I tend to wear them as with more casual looks (tee, skinny jeans etc.) so you don't usually even see the belt!
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Nat

Style Icon
    They are a casual shoe, so I don't think this rule applies so much. Don't want to get too matchy with casual looks. Plus, the idea of a light suede belt sounds hideous! I tend to wear no belt, or brown leather with mine, and it works fine imo.

+ Reply to Thread