FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Duffle Coat for this Season

Hi, I've been searching for a new winter coat and had come across a few duffle coats. I know they were very trendy a couple of years ago but, does that mean it wouldn't be suitable to purchase one now? I like peacoats although my argument against them is that everyone has one. Opinions? Please and thanks.

Trend Setter
    Don't worry about current 'trends'. They're a nice classic piece, and if you like it just buy it.

Fashionisto
    Peacoats are staple jackets, if you don't own one, I'd definitely look to invest. They're very versatile and go with smart or casual attire.

I wouldn't worry about being 'trendy', if you believe the hype at the moment, we should all be wearing baseball inspired shirts as worn by chavs on Geordie shore, rocking them with animal inspired prints. If you've seen a duffle coat that you like, get it. The lack of popularity will work in your favour, if 'individuality' is what you're aspiring for.

Fashionisto
    lemme know if you find anything, be interested to see whats about.

Trend Setter
    I certainly would not be concerned about them being "on trend" or anything else for that matter. They are a classic coat (just like the Parka, Mac etc) which means they will always have place in your wardrobe. I have seen them in multiple lookbooks this season anyway so you certainly won't be the only one wearing them. If you want to go for trends then an orange duffle would fit the bill. But by next year its going to be virtually useless. I would suggest an understated duffle (maybe navy) with a high wool content. How much do you have to budget for it?

My budget is up to about a 150 so there should a good variety to choose from. I like the look of an asos one or there was a lovely dark navy one from topman.

+ Reply to Thread