FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Question Oxford Cotton Variants - Good Brands for Oxford Shirts?

Query: I've recently decided I prefer Oxford cotton to generic cotton. But I cant seem to find many slim fit or custom fitted Oxford shirts. Anyone know anywhere good?

Also, getting bored with wearing my usual dark jeans or 'chinos'...What else can I dress with a good Oxford shirt?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    I cant seem to find many slim fit or custom fitted Oxford shirts.Anyone know anywhere good?Also, getting bored with wearing my usual dark jeans or 'chinos'...What else can I dress with a good Oxford shirt?tton
    When you say 'custom fitted' are you refering to bespoke? if so, you kind of answered your own question. If not, head to A.P.C if your budget can stretch.

Unfortunately the budget does not stretch.
    Whenever I buy high street brand Oxford shirts its all loose fitting or traditional fit.
    I suppose tailored is the simplest answer...

FashionBeans Staff
    I think Marks & Spencer and House of Fraser both have made to measure shirt services. It might be worth checking them out if your budget is limited.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Made-to-Measure-Shirts-Mens/b/63593031?ie=UTF8&intid=gnav_men_made-to-measure-shirts

http://www.houseoffraser.bivolino.com/

Y
    ou might find that it is actually much cheaper to do it this way than spend a fortune on a designer shirt that still doesn't fit right. You can at least decide exactly how you want it to fit.

Your other choice is to buy slightly cheaper shirts and get them altered.
    Last edited by William Colman; 24-10-2011 at 10:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread