FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    Nat

Style Icon

Emerald green

Hi all

emerald looks like it's going to be big this season. Men’s AW13 Key Colour Trend: Emerald Green | FashionBeans

I've seen some nice knitwear in TK Maxx, but just not sure if it's for me. Does anyone else has any pieces? If so, what, and how easy do you find it to incorporate?

Cheers

Fashionisto

Weathered Wooden Cord Chino.

Never owned a pair of green trousers, so opted for these. Plus they look good paired up with some big boots and a red-checked shirt.

Trend Setter
    I have a pair of emerald green trousers that I've had about 2 years. I like to wear them occasionally and loads of people seem to like them, but I always come a little unstuck when trying to pair them with other work items. So basically shirt, tie etc.
    It's a tricky colour to mix and match with IMO. The article today really helped though and I may whack them on tomorrow after being inspired ha!

Style Icon
    I prefer bottle green for A/W in all honesty.

Emerald green is a Spring/Summer phenomenon I may just have to jump on next year.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I prefer bottle green for A/W in all honesty.
    I second that.

I'm rocking this one today with grey chinos and tan suede brogue boots. It's more bottle than emerald I guess, but it hits the trend as well as being very versatile.

I could just as easily wear it with jeans and trainers.

Nat

Style Icon
    Ok nice one guys. May pick up a nice thin cable knit jumper I have my eye on.

Not sure on the difference between emerald and bottle green though. The colour I'm thinking of is similar to the cords above.

Trend Setter
    I have found a jumper as being the easiest way to incorporate it. Its surprising how well it fits with my current staples!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    I second that.
    Thirded, though I always called it Racing Green as opposed to Bottle Green.

Fashionisto
    I find it quite funny that people buy a certain colour just because its "in", whatever that means.

Emerald green isn't a color i really like, but i do think it goes well with a light blue, like Teal.

Men’s SS13/AW13 Fashion Trend: Biker Jackets | FashionBeans about half way down the page there is a guy wearing an emerald green jacket and I think a teal t-shirt, looks nice.

Good leather jackets are obviously expensive though, so maybe a emerald green cardigan instead.
    Last edited by marl122; 25-09-2013 at 03:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread