FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

University help/advice

I know this isn't your usual topic on this forum, but this is the most popular forum and I'm sure you won't mind this being here too much!

So next year I'm hopefully going to go to university. I'm currently studying an Access To HE Business course at the moment, and have to send off applications pretty soon.

I've been looking for degree's which are fashion related but I'm running out of options. Right now I'm quite interested in Fashion Buying Management at Westminster University which is a 4 year course with a 1 year work placement.

So I just wanted to ask for some advice. Maybe some of you have studied fashion related degrees, how did it go?

I'm not into designing and textiles.

Any help/recommendations are appreciated cheers guys!

Fashionisto
    I myself haven't been through Fashion related Uni courses, I am actually at the same stage as you are.

I am doing an Access to HE Course studying Psychology, English Lit and English Lang.

English, I feel, is my strength in terms of core subjects, and fashion, obviously, is a serious interest... Infact an obsession. So Fashion Journalism is a course I am pursuing at present.

Fashion Journalism is only available in 6 Universities up and down the country.

My crap GCSE 's are catching up with me though, as I have emailed all 6 uni's and all 5 have said I need C'a or above in Maths and English (my Maths was an E!) so a night GCSE course may be a necessity in order to go to Uni. I may also just initially do a standard Journo course at Uni, and then move in to Fashion.. Fingers & testes crossed.

Have you not thought of the same as me, Fashion Journalism? I think there is a Uni available down south somewhere that offers all sorts of Fashion relates courses, ill hunt the name down for theeee.

Trend Setter
    I don't particularly enjoy writing that much so I haven't considered fashion journalism.

I think the Uni's your thinking of at London College of Fashion and Central Saint Martins

+ Reply to Thread