FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Fit of Uniqlo Knitwear

Hi Guys
    Been thinking about ordering some knitwear from Uniqlo. Their merino wool crew necks and v-necks are absurdly good value for money at 20.
    Could anyone whos bought any advise on fit? I tried a merino V-Neck on in TM Lewin and it was much more of a relaxed fit, whereas Im looking for something more tailored and slim fitting.
    To be fair, Uniqlo do bill their knitwear as slim but Im keen to know others experience and also opinions on quality levels.

Style Icon
    I have a bottle-green lambs-wool v-neck Uniqlo jumper in an XS, and I would say it is true to size. I generally like my jumpers to be slim fitting (but comfortably so) and to finish at the belt line, and the Uniqlo jumper ticks these boxes. For ease of comparison, I would say it fits like how I would imagine a well fitting Burberry Prorsum jumper fits.

I was very impressed with the fit and quality for the price.

Trend Setter
    Uniqlo are my go to place for knitwear basics. Agree that they tick all the boxes on fit etc. I think lambswool tends to come up a bit looser than merino though, so maybe consider that? I'm waiting for them to come up with a greater range of colours this season before buying anymore. I fancy a nice forest green cardigan. They did a good range of polo necks a year or so ago too, not seen them this year yet though.

I've looked at TM Lewin and Charles Trywhitt knits in their catalogue and wondered about hem, but guessed they would be a bit more relaxed. It's a shame, I would use both those stores more if they did a bit more slim fitting stuff, or slimmed down their slim fits - I have to go for their most tailored fit.

Fashionisto
    I purchased two Uniqlo 100% cashmere v necks at the weekend in a small which is my usual size. very nicely fitting, hugs the frame nicely. lovely quality also.

Fashionisto
    I have a few sweaters from Uniqlo, one of them being cashmere which is really, really soft and warm. I can't speak for everyone, but based on my experience their knitwear is slightly smaller than that of other brands I usually wear such as AllSaints and Club Monaco.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the feedback guys that really helps.
    I was specifically looking for slim fitting knitwear and was worried their clothing would be more classic fitting so this is definitely what I want.
    I must admit to still being sceptical at the quality they can offer for these prices. I have several Merino V-Necks from Reiss which were 3 or 4 times the price of these. However, Ill definitely purchase an item and see how it is.
    In my opinion, fine knitwear is so versatile so you cant have too much if it!

+ Reply to Thread