FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

ASOS Peacoat Quality and ZARA Parka

Hello all,

I was looking around for a winter coat and I think that I've decided to get two since I like both styles very much. I'm looking at this Parka at ZARA which I'd just like some opinions on. However, the only nice peacoat that I can find sub 200 is by ASOS in house brand. I was wondering about people's experience with the quality of these coats and whether you'd recommend buying it.

Thanks

Nice peacoat!

Both nice, like the Parka a lot. Should have all the bases covered with those.

ASOS Peacoat has a decent fabric composition for the price. You can always send it back too.

Trend Setter
    I’m personally not struck on the Pea Coat. Its only 50% wool so half of it is made from synthetic fibres which is never good in my book.
    I don’t like the styling of it either – I think the lapels come down too far – the buttons sit very low for a pea coat.
    If you could stretch your budget a little, I think this is a superb option: Emperor Navy Wool Blend Pea Coat - REISS.
    I quite like the parka but obviously it’s a completely different coat to the Pea Coat.

Fashionisto
    I think that I'm set on the parka, it's the peacoat that's bugging me. I'm just not certain on what the quality will be, as you guys have said it's only half wool and with it being such a staple maybe I should invest more? The only problem is that the fabric will degrade with time if it's poor quality and I won't be able to return it. I did see the garrison peacoat in person at allsaints and wasn't overly thrilled with the overall feel and quality. That was 255 so I can't seem to overly justify it.

I do like the reiss coat however for a working 18 year old at college who earns just 100 a week it's a big investment.

Just combine your budget for both and get this

Blam

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by tshirtfolder View Post
    I think that I'm set on the parka, it's the peacoat that's bugging me. I'm just not certain on what the quality will be, as you guys have said it's only half wool and with it being such a staple maybe I should invest more? The only problem is that the fabric will degrade with time if it's poor quality and I won't be able to return it. I did see the garrison peacoat in person at allsaints and wasn't overly thrilled with the overall feel and quality. That was 255 so I can't seem to overly justify it.

I do like the reiss coat however for a working 18 year old at college who earns just 100 a week it's a big investment.
    Can you hang on and wait until the sales? Alternatively, keep your eyes peeled in TK Maxx they were selling All Saints Pea Coats last A/W for 100.
    We have an All Saints Outlet store where I live (Newcastle) and I picked up a 100% Wool Pea Coat in there last year for 90.

Or get into tk maxx, always good shit in there tbh

Fashionisto
    @ textbook - where's the all saints outlet in NCL?

Fashionisto
    I think that I'll wait until the sales to pick up a coat and just stock up on other things for now. Any idea if allsaints are having a mid season sale or when their next one is? I'd like to snap up one of their bomber jackets too.

+ Reply to Thread