FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

eBay Selling Advice

I've set up an eBay and PayPal account and am ready to start selling a few items of clothing that I've never worn, some with tags etc, some without. Can anybody offer any advice on the best way to go about it in order to secure as close as posible to the original retial price on each item? I'm particularly interested to know whether it's advisable to put a reserve price (if so at approximately what percentage of the RRP?), or whether this tends to discourage bids. How long would you advise accepting bids for clothing items for? Any advice welcome. Thanks.

I usually leave an item on for 10 days. A reserve is good, or you can just set the starting price as the minimum you will accept. If it doesn't sell, you can keep re-listing it for free afaik, and as long as you're not asking silly money/selling crap, it'll go eventually.

Thanks Pin Money! Reassuring words. For some reason I thought there might be some kind of complex winning formula but I suppose the beauty of e-bay is it's simplicity. No reason to put off giving it a go now!

+ Reply to Thread