FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Topman Meggings.

How would you style these meggings - TOPMAN

Trend Setter
    By setting them on fire! ;-)

Fashionisto
    Possibly THE worst thing I have ever seen for sale by Topman! Call me old fashioned but we need a divide at some point as to what looks good on women and what doesn't look good on men!

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    By setting them on fire! ;-)
    Haha! Amen brother!

Trend Setter
    Lawlessman, you indeed seem lawless.
    These things aren't meant to be worn, unless you're doing outdoor sports in winter and need meggings under your shorts to keep warm.
    I'm not a kind of guy that likes to say "this can never work", but I dare say no man can pull this one off.
    Not even the most fashionisto-fashionblogger nor Kanye West, who wears skirts over his leather pants.

Trend Setter
    The majority of users on this website aren't fashion forward in a sense that they could wear these. Fashion and style are two very different things and while the website is called Fashionbeans I sometimes wish it was called Stylebeans.

These are not to be worn alone, unless you were running and even so they would still probably be worn under sport shorts. These are for layering purposes,

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3260/2702055977_b3b5b76bbf.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3073/2702055981_4dae2e95cc.jpg

Trend Setter
    I would only wear them on my road bike, and even then only when covering serious distances in the winter.

Trend Setter
    @ Charlie. I agree with you. Therefore I'd like to tone down my previous comment. If layered, it could work in a fashion forward outfit.
    Without layering I personally can't imagine it looking good.
    Here's a pic I've encountered often on the interweb. The guy wisely wears a long jumper which covers up his package, but still it looks very comical to me. As if he wore it as a joke. Or just performed in a play and changed except for his tights.

I think your comment about style versus fashion is quite interesting. I have the feeling I don't really understand high fashion. Are there any articles that can introduce a layman?

Style Icon
    I once made the error of wearing a pair of running tights (for warmth), without a pair of shorts to cover my key components, while running. I was away, and forgot to pack a pair of shorts. I shall never make that error again. I could feel my arse wobbling, like some crazy lava lamp, and I didn't even dare to check how my crotch looked... I'm fairly sure I was, in all essence, on full display.

Tights (yes, they are tights) are for layering underneath something else - that, in my opinion, goes for women and girls as well.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1234 View Post
    @ Charlie. I agree with you. Therefore I'd like to tone down my previous comment. If layered, it could work in a fashion forward outfit.
    Without layering I personally can't imagine it looking good.
    Here's a pic I've encountered often on the interweb. The guy wisely wears a long jumper which covers up his package, but still it looks very comical to me. As if he wore it as a joke. Or just performed in a play and changed except for his tights.

I think your comment about style versus fashion is quite interesting. I have the feeling I don't really understand high fashion. Are there any articles that can introduce a layman?
    I agree 100% with you this outfit is ridiculous. I think they look terrible on their own.

Over the last months there has been a rise in what is called the "street goth" - street goth on Tumblr - here are some images of this trend/style.

I feel a lot of people on this forum lean more toward the style/trend side of fashion. I know there are a couple of fashion forward people, but I can assure you a 'go-to' outfit for many here would involve some kind of blazer/chino/loafer outfit which to me isn't particularly very fashion forward, it's stylish and trendy.

I'm not putting my thoughts down very well here but what I'm trying to say is I think a lot of people on this forum are stylish and trendy, but not very innovative in a fashion sense. There is nothing wrong with that, and it's not meant to be of any offence to anyone.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8867ff086...1omao1_500.jpg - Take this picture for example, you could easily take out his trousers and slot in those leggings and it would still be, personally a fantastic look. Very fashion forward and innovative.

Ultimately I don't think you should judge a product without seeing it worn correctly!

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last