FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionable backpack?

Hello guys, I discovered a bit of a problem. I'm in fourth grade of Dutch high school (age group 15-16) and I wear the formal office style, but I discovered that my green Eastpack backpack totally flukes with the rest of my outfits. I can't take a briefcase because 1) my books don't fit in there and 2) there is no way I can carry a briefcase to school on my bike (I don't know the English word for it, but it's a bike like those guys have on the Tour de France).
    So my question is: Is there a backpack that suits the formal office style at all while still being functional?
    Last edited by sam1oq; 05-10-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Trend Setter
    you could carry a messenger bag (doesn't have to be leather)

or a minimal, non-branded back pack, that may or may not be leather

Trend Setter
    Have you looked at the Herschel range of backpacks? I bought one recently and never looked back, fantastic build quality and plenty of space, but yet it doesn't look huge wearing it. With a suit (office attire?) wearing a backpack can be difficult to pull off (unless you want to make a statement) of which case it may be better for you to go with a messenger type back that goes over one shoulder? Asos have plenty to choose from. Slightly more formal than that would be a satchel which would allow you to fit in books.

I think I'll need to just go in town and see if I can find anything that suits my style there. I found it's pretty hard to get good reycommendations here as I live in Holland and this site is pretty US/UK based. I'll just go in town when I've got some time I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Trend Setter
    ^Dude, I am 100% sure you'll find a nice bag in Amsterdam. I'm also sure you can find Hershel bags in the Netherlands.

Trend Setter
    I agree most posts are pretty UK oriented, as it is a British site. The up side of you living in Amsterdam is that (on top of major, global brands) you've got access to all the Dutch brands and a wide selection of Scandinavian brands, which are killing it currently.

Trend Setter
    I'll second the recommendation for Herschel.

Trend Setter
    How about Reiss? They offer a dark grey woolen backpack with black leather trims right now, and this one looks pretty fashionable, yet not overly exaggerating to me. They also ship free over 150€. It's a bit of an investment, though Herschel backpacks are not that cheap, either.

Victor Black Wool Rucksack - REISS

+ Reply to Thread