FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter

Navy Blazer suggestions

I'm on the hunt for a navy blazer. I want something that can be worn dressed up and down as an everyday item. I'm looking for 100% wool or 100% cotton, pref quite short 30" or shorter and narrow in the shoulder - around 16.5", pref with a natural shoulder.

Here are some that I have looked at:

Asos slim fit navy blazer.
    Pros - cheap (sub £100) but still 100% cotton. Short in body.
    Cons - poor quality?

Suit Supply Havana:

pros: natural shoulder, 100% wool, I can get a 35 chest, which *should* fit OK.
    Cons: just over £200 and would need to spend another £30 to get sleeved with working buttons shortened. Already own several SS suits, might be good to try something new?

TM Lewin:

Pros: can prob try this on in store. Good quality? 100% wool
    Cons: 36 short may still be too wide in shoulders. Might be quite structured on shoulder? A little longer than SS.

This is also another TM lewin:

Pros: just over £100. Designed for casual use.
    Cons: I imagine 'casual cut' might come a up a bit big for my liking and tailoring will make it closer to SS jackets anyway.

Austin Reed hopsack:

Pros - I quite like hopsack. AR quality.
    Cons - The most expensive and would need some tailoring

Contemporary Fit Navy Hopsack Blazer - All Jackets > - Austin Reed

Any alternative suggestions? Am happy to go with something cheaper in cotton to use as an everyday jacket, but just not finding much.

Fashionisto
    Don't know how much you are willing to spend, but this is on my Christmas List.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/376400

Trend Setter
    That's a good shout. I have several Gant Rugger blazers and really like the fit. I also have the hopsack trousers that go with that jacket. However, I generally think that Gant Rugger ask far too much for their blazers, close to £400. Everything I have from them has been on sale, but the hopsack never goes on sale. Really I want to stick around the £200 mark.

Trend Setter
    I have been reading a lot recently about Without Prejudice and their quality is supposed to be absolutely outstanding for the price point. I have heard their tailoring referred to as simply the best around in the sub £500 bracket.
    I have been eyeing this navy blazer in the sale which I think is lovely and ticks all the boxes for me (100% wool, slim fitting, patch pockets so itís differentiated from a formal blazer). Thought you might be interested:
    Pember Wool Jacket | Slim Navy Jacket | Without Prejudice

Trend Setter
    Sounds and looks perfect... but no size 36

Trend Setter
    Ah, bummer, so I see. Shame. They've got my size (38) so I'll hopefully grab one before Christmas. I think the first Lewin blazer looks nice. They've got one in at the moment with some Cashmere content (10% of the mix I think) which may well be that one.

Trend Setter

Trend Setter
    Good shout and a good price, but I should of mentioned that I already have a navy linen suit that I use the jacket from. I'm after something in wool/cotton for the rest of the parts of the year where linen is not appropriate.

Have you considered M.Dutti Blazers ? I think they have something you are looking for ....
    Blazers - Blazers - MEN - Portugal

Trend Setter
    Really like the first two - have been considering the ASOS one myself. Not so keen on the second too - seem a bit too formal and structured to be worn more casually. If you do go for the ASOS one, just be aware that their stuff seems to run quite large - I tried a suit once but both the jacket and trousers were bigger than the size would suggest. Could be worth trying the 34.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last