FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Messenger Bags

I walk to work, which is 20-25 minutes each way so can't use a backpack due to the sweat it causes and need a bag to take my gym kit in. I guess messenger bags are the best bet even though the articles on this site seem against them? I don't have much experience in buying man bags and have no idea which brands or stores will offer the best value on this type of product. My gym is an old school working man's one without lockers so don't want anything that will look too expensive and stand out, but at the same time I want one that looks relatively stylish at work. I wear mainly this jacket if it helps? http://b1.s8cdn.com/p/084/065/00-3/e...9ff7e81df593d1 I want something that will go with it. I typically wear jeans or chinos with shirts & cashmere v-necks or round necks as our dress policy is pretty laid back. In the winter I'm aiming to buy some Red Wing boots in this style Men's Tan Red Wing Classic at schuh Which bags do you think would go with my style while not standing out too much at the gym? I guess my budget is somewhere up to 100 although I could stretch if necessary.

fly

I don't know if messenger bags would be the best option to pack your gym kit in - although I'm not even 100% sure what you even mean by gym kit. Anyways, I would suggest you maybe look into and consider a duffle bag or maybe even a tote bag. A good, low budget brand worth looking into is definitely Herschel Supply Co., though I may be slightly biased towards Canadian brands. One problem with Herschel is their lack of leather if that's what you're looking for, although I find their special cotton/canvas material as much more practical and durable than leather. If leather is what you're looking for, I'm not too knowledgeable in the brands that make them, however I would definitely look into a mid-volume duffle bag or a tote as alternatives to a messenger bag.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the response. By gym kit I mean a pair of sports trainers (sneakers), shorts, t-shirt, lifting gloves and a drink mixing bottle. I don't really want leather because it'll get scratched dumping it on the windowsill at the gym plus it would look a little fancy for that environment. I'd rather have canvas or some hard wearing cotton. Living where I do (Gloucester - very working class town) I'm not sure a tote bag would go down too well. A duffle is definitely possible though or a very small holdall.

I have a messenger bag, it's this one:

I'm aware that doesn't help at all, just wanted to post it.

I think a messenger bag is a good shout though, if I were you I'd just grab something cheap off Asos. No point spending big bucks on a kit bag.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    I have a messenger bag, it's this one:

I'm aware that doesn't help at all, just wanted to post it.

I think a messenger bag is a good shout though, if I were you I'd just grab something cheap off Asos. No point spending big bucks on a kit bag.
    I actually really like that because it's clean and simple and a neutral enough colour to go with nearly anything. Where's it from and how much did it cost? Any link?

+ Reply to Thread