FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Smart Chino Conundrum

I'v been on the look out for some smart slim fitting decent quality navy chinos for work. I have some nearly navy chinos from Uniqlo, which are alright, smartish cut but not great quality. I ordered some from Charles Trywhitt in their extra slim cut, but they are still not slim enough, about 1/2 and inch wider at leg opening than I would like. TM Lewin do some in a nice cut, but they are 15 more expensive, and more importantly dry clean only, the CT ones which are machine washable. Dry cleaning seems a bit of a faff/added expense for chinos to me. Any other suggestions for places to look for decent smart work chinos? By smart I mean, slim but classically cut, i.e not skinny/carrot like Topman, River Island etc. But also not cut like a tent!
    Last edited by Alex; 13-10-2013 at 06:00 PM.

fly

What do you think of these navy chinos from J. Crew?

Sun-faded chino in 484 fit - sun-faded chinos - Men's pants - J.CrewI'm not sure if they're formal enough for work, however I guess that depends on where you work!

I also think you can look into Levi's 511 cut or Dockers alpha khakis (they also come in skinny, if the slim alpha khakis aren't slim enough) although I'm not too sure what brands are accessible where you live. The Levi's 511s are typically widely available and it is my favourite fit for denim or chinos, however the branding on both dockers and Levi's can be annoying. Both are available through asos.com.

Sharting in your chinos; a delicate conundrum indeed

Trend Setter
    Oh Shart! That's what I get for posting in a rush while cooking.

I might check those J Crew chinos if they have them in the new UK store next time I am in London. I recently got some JCrew slim fit cords off eBay which I really like the fit of.

I had actually wondered about Dockers Alpha Khaki before but had forgotten all about them, might revisit, good call.

I don't have to be particularly smart for work, it's more a case of what I want.

Thanks for suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread