FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Suitable tie to go with subtle pinstripe suit

Hi guys,

i have just bought a tailor made suit and i also got two shirts made. the suit is a subtle pinstripe black suit and the two shirts are a light blue and lilac. Could anyone show me what ties may be suitable for these combinations or if not would a white shirt look better with this suit?

Thanks.

Fashionisto
    Flusser Dressing the Man pages 145-158.

For conservation go with a solid tie with slight detailing (herringbone weave, or some other interesting minute pattern going on). Navy, Charcoal, Grey, Red/burgundy.

Dotted tie

Or go with a paisley... it will be amazing with the lilac shirt.

Trend Setter
    Blue and lilac shirts could well be a good move - black suits can drain you of colour and you want to discourage the undertaker associations. I'd think about a couple of ties in darker shades similar to the shirts which can be matched with either - navy or purple. I'd suggest silk with a slight pattern or texture to it - look out for the almost knitted texture of grenadine ties. Subtle stripes can pair well with a pin stripe too but you'd need to see the two together to decide.

A nice charcoal skinny tie (no pattern) and a darker shade of violet with patterns that aren't too over the top.

+ Reply to Thread